Gm low speed single wire can monitoring J2534 mongoose pro.

Programs / Tools / Scripts
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Gm low speed single wire can monitoring J2534 mongoose pro.

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I am looking for a way to log and test sending commands via my old mongoose pro II j2435 v044.

I found a C++ program from Joey who used to work at mongoose pro. It’s a great start but I do not know how to monitor all? The filters, and masks, etc are very confusing! Then many settings to change for low speed can his example is for high speed.

Can universal patcher log utility do low speed can with 33.3k baud? Single wire? If so what settings to use?
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Gm low speed single wire can monitoring J2534 mongoose pro.

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Gm low speed single wire can monitoring J2534 mongoose pro.

Post by Gatecrasher »

Check out the tool I posted here. viewtopic.php?p=134606#p134606

On the connect tab, it'll probably show 'no boxes found' after you load your DLL. Ignore it and hit open anyway. It should connect just fine. This thing is a bit buggy.

The logging is super basic, but it should be enough to get you started. On the filters page, there should be a button for 'create pass all filter'. I can't remember if that was for both SWCAN and regular CAN or not. If it's not there, set both the mask and pattern to FFFFFFFF and set the filter to Pass. Then go to the messages tab and click start.