OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by antus »

Do you reckon they have all these application specific patches in the MDI D-PDU drivers and other tools drivers or could it be something else? I mention because if its not app specific patches required but a change to the API support somewhere else, then you might need to unwind these patches again later on.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote: Mon Aug 04, 2025 5:14 am Do you reckon they have all these application specific patches in the MDI D-PDU drivers and other tools drivers or could it be something else? I mention because if its not app specific patches required but a change to the API support somewhere else, then you might need to unwind these patches again later on.
I don't know of any other DPDU application out there, but I have explicitly stated on the OBDX website that the DPDU support currently is only for tech2win.

All of these changes are purely for tech2win, since tech2win is doing all kinds of wrong commands/requests.
I have checked against the logs of the MDI, and it is allowing the invalid messages, so they must also be applying the same kind of patches to allow it to work.

I would guess this is why drewtech has a specific driver labelled for tech2win also.

I have tried to not break support for correct SAE DPDU specification, these changes are allowing out of spec requests to still work, its just a matter of finding all of them and applying a patch!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Scott68B
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 am
cars: MGB GM 5.3 GM LS1 ECU

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Scott68B »

This may not be the right forum or post for this so please direct me if it isn't.

I just got my OBDX Pro VX and it is working great on my Windows 10 machine. I need to get it setup on my Windows 7 laptop with the J2534 driver and I got the error below when I tried to install it. I used the "GT" driver to get the VX installed and I see it got assigned a com port so I know that part is good.

What does this error mean and is there a fix or procedure I can use to avoid it?

Thank you!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OBDX Pro VX J2534 API CMD.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: c2cf61b4
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18847
Fault Module Timestamp: 554d7b00
Exception Code: e0434352
Exception Offset: 0000812f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Tazzi »

Scott68B wrote: Sat Aug 23, 2025 1:24 am This may not be the right forum or post for this so please direct me if it isn't.

I just got my OBDX Pro VX and it is working great on my Windows 10 machine. I need to get it setup on my Windows 7 laptop with the J2534 driver and I got the error below when I tried to install it. I used the "GT" driver to get the VX installed and I see it got assigned a com port so I know that part is good.

What does this error mean and is there a fix or procedure I can use to avoid it?

Thank you!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OBDX Pro VX J2534 API CMD.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: c2cf61b4
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18847
Fault Module Timestamp: 554d7b00
Exception Code: e0434352
Exception Offset: 0000812f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
few things to check:
1) Make sure you are running the latest windows update on that Windows 7 computer.
2) Make sure you are running the latest .net 4.7.2 framework
3) Make sure no antivirus is blocking the installer from completing its task.

The error you have copied here is a hard fault with windows, it is not a fault generated by the app itself. This typically happens if antivirus blocks the program or if the computer is missing the .net framework.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Scott68B
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 am
cars: MGB GM 5.3 GM LS1 ECU

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Scott68B »


few things to check:
1) Make sure you are running the latest windows update on that Windows 7 computer.
2) Make sure you are running the latest .net 4.7.2 framework
3) Make sure no antivirus is blocking the installer from completing its task.

The error you have copied here is a hard fault with windows, it is not a fault generated by the app itself. This typically happens if antivirus blocks the program or if the computer is missing the .net framework.
Installing .net 4.7.2 did the trick. Thank you for the quick response!!!
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by AngelMarc »

What's the latest with Chrysler NGC4? I seen a lot of talk was happening a while ago.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Tazzi »

AngelMarc wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 4:46 am What's the latest with Chrysler NGC4? I seen a lot of talk was happening a while ago.
I am not aware of any companies creating tuning software for the Chryslers unfortunately (With or without OBDX tools).

Not a whole lot of options for those vehicles other then the main commercial guys
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by AngelMarc »

Seen the pack of XDFs for 70 euros? OldSkullTuning supposedly figured something out.
Is read and write sorted out at all?
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Tazzi »

Might be worth while reaching out to that company and asking what to use for those ECUs.
Im not aware of any public tuning solutions for those ECUs other then commercial tuning software.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by AngelMarc »

I'll be sure to share if they reply.

EDIT:
Capture.PNG
"the entire team" sure, bud.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't stress specific units.