Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I added factory remote start my editing my bcm and programmed a factory key to my 2015 trax. I just got a trial onstar subscription and my chevy app. I can lock and unlock but no remote start option?

Plan to chart pcm and bcm vin to trax with remote start and see if that allows the app to have remote start?

Will that work?
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by ironduke »

From my experience it will show up on it's own after a bit.. There was a bit of a debacle a long time ago with people adding RVS with kits and auth codes and onstar not showing up with the option.. Used to have to call it in and then they set something up to automate it..
All I know is I added it awhile go to my 2013 Silverado I used to have via custom programming(no auth code or gm server changes) and it added it to the onstar app on it's own at some point, I had somehow gotten a 5 year connection promo deal for free..

As far as adding RVS to a trax and foglamps and cruise I have the notes somewhere for a 2015 that I did a few years ago for one of the kids..
RVS timer is in the same segment(occupant display) I think it was #5 cal.. It's backwards and default is 15 minutes or 900000 microseconds..

Not sure what you mean that your going to chart the pcm and bcm vin to trac with remote start?? Ahhh... nevermind... Your going to change the vin in bcm and ecm to one with RVS factory... That might get it to show up quicker.. You'll have to do something if xm module is separate from the radio if you use xm radio, don't remember on a trax if it's built into the radio or not.. hopefully won't have other modules yelling at you..
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Yes I previously made that timer 20 min the ECM allows that but more than that it would require ECM to be extended.

Anyway yes I’ll rip the eeprom file change vin for bcm … j tag pcm
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Well the BCM vin is now changed along with the PCM, yet according to onstar it still reports the old vin??

TCM still old VIN
IPC still old VIN
Radio still old VIN radio reports vin digits 2-17 .. maybe this effects the onstar?
HMI not instaled I don't think
Onstar no VIN reported.. at least to sps...

What am I missing here?
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by ironduke »

I'm wondering what's going to happen when it identifies with a different vin.. Maybe the owner of that vin will have access to your trax???
You might lose access to it since your onstar account is tied to your actual vin??
Wonder what the vin is in the onstar module? You might have to request that yourself, sps doesn't ask for the vin of anything except the ecm. GDS2 might show the vin in identification data list.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

ironduke wrote: Wed Aug 20, 2025 11:02 am I'm wondering what's going to happen when it identifies with a different vin.. Maybe the owner of that vin will have access to your trax???
You might lose access to it since your onstar account is tied to your actual vin??
Wonder what the vin is in the onstar module? You might have to request that yourself, sps doesn't ask for the vin of anything except the ecm. GDS2 might show the vin in identification data list.
Each onstar module as a unique identification number 6 digits? That is what is used by Onstar along with the vin I think? GDS2 shows no vin but shows the unique identifier! The Vin I am using is from a crushed car. Now I hope... they don't assign a VIN only because then as you said I can access another trax.. lol!
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I wonder if the chassis module is sending it's vin to the onstar? I did several 1A diagnostics data reads and don't see any vin in the onstar module?
I doubt the TCM, IPC EBCM, STEEring module, SDM matter...

So far the VINs I changed are the ECM, BCM, and radio, so clearly the onstar doesn't care about them!

If I can get the MEC reset on all the modules and get the VIN writing using flow control correctly figured out then soon I will change all this VINs!

The only modules I know for sure MEC reset doesn't work on are the ECM, BCM and TCM. But I jtagged the PCM, and used a EEProm reader for the BCM, so those are taken care of!
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Update successfully changed customer id in onstar still. I remote start. I also read the mobile directory number and the mobile number using did 1A. However a 3B write doesn’t work. I suspect the eSIM has these numbers and they are read only
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by ironduke »

04colyZQ8 wrote: Sat Sep 13, 2025 7:38 pm Update successfully changed customer id in onstar still. I remote start. I also read the mobile directory number and the mobile number using did 1A. However a 3B write doesn’t work. I suspect the eSIM has these numbers and they are read only
Is there a seed when you do a 2701 request?
Also some ecm’s and Tim’s don’t allow a vin write even after and unlock unless you send a clear codes command first.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Trick my chevy app with onstar for remote start

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

2701 = 3412 which I think I was dumb in thinking this was a seed.. but maybe it is just saying not supported? Mode 34 with 7F as 12 should mean not supported correct?