I have a Ecotec in a Gemini, bought the car as is for track days but want to make a few changes. The ECU is a Flash ECU 09356445. The OBD connector was missing so I sourced a couple on Ali. I have wired in the OBD based on the information I could find here. Batt + to ALDL 16. Red-Black from C13 to ALDL 9. White-black from D09 to ALDL 6 and pin ALDL 5 to earth. Continuity checks through.
I am using the ALDL device supplied here, and it worked last week on a VT 5.0L. The car starts and runs normally, and I cannot see any other reason I can't get comms, I have tried with Envyous customs and Tunerpro. Both time out.
Any suggestions as to what may prevent comms?
VY V6 Won't connect ALDL
-
4wheelinls1
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
- cars: X6t
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VY V6 Won't connect ALDL
car side battery ground to 4 & 5, not 5 and 6.
I wouldnt expect that to stop it though. 6 is can high, which is not connected in our ALDL cable, and 4&5 should be connected together so earth on 5 should work. So it might be something else as well.
Also try delco ose flash tool.
I wouldnt expect that to stop it though. 6 is can high, which is not connected in our ALDL cable, and 4&5 should be connected together so earth on 5 should work. So it might be something else as well.
Also try delco ose flash tool.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
4wheelinls1
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
- cars: X6t
Re: VY V6 Won't connect ALDL
Thanks Antus, so I am a bit confused. The information I have is that pin 6 on the OBD ALDL is PCM Diag enable white black wire from ecu D9. Where does this wire go if not pin 6 on the obd? I did have 4 and 5 together initially but it didn't work and the information I had said one was battery ground and one was sensor ground so I tried with Battery gnd.
Th device I am using is the OSE Flash tool purchased from this site. Could you outline all the pin locations? From the information I have on the ALDL/OBD port it should be pin 9 Red/Black (serial). Pin 6 to activate diagnostic mode White/black. Pin 16 constant Batt +12v. 4/5 Gnd.
Cheers
Th device I am using is the OSE Flash tool purchased from this site. Could you outline all the pin locations? From the information I have on the ALDL/OBD port it should be pin 9 Red/Black (serial). Pin 6 to activate diagnostic mode White/black. Pin 16 constant Batt +12v. 4/5 Gnd.
Cheers
-
4wheelinls1
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
- cars: X6t
Re: VY V6 Won't connect ALDL
After a lot of testing, I am thinking there must be a loom issue. I found the Holden diagnostic procedure and followed it through. D6 was supposed to be GND but was 5v, it is also supposed to be Black/red but is only black. I cut it and added it into the GND circuit per the diagram, still no good, engine still runs, yet to go chasing the other end to see how it's getting 5v. I found the B11 Torque achieved wire was run to GND, didn't think there was a reason so removed it, still runs, found the speed output C1 was connected to 12v, disconnected that, still no different. The reason I have no data is the serial line voltage is too high about 5.5v whereas it should be 3.5-4.5. There is nothing else on the wire. I tried another ecu still the same. Rechecked the earths and they all are 0.1 ohm. Battery is in the boot but earthed to the block by one continuous cable. Still looking, open to any suggestions. The car is manual and is a manual loom. Speedo is removed, 02 sensors removed.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VY V6 Won't connect ALDL
Here are the pins that matter for flashing viewtopic.php?p=130175#p130175
You did not purchase ose flash tool from this site, it is free software and free download for everyone. If you paid someone for it you were ripped off by a 3rd party. viewtopic.php?p=604#p604
You did not purchase ose flash tool from this site, it is free software and free download for everyone. If you paid someone for it you were ripped off by a 3rd party. viewtopic.php?p=604#p604
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
4wheelinls1
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
- cars: X6t
Re: VY V6 Won't connect ALDL
Thanks Antus, still not sure why the Enyous Customs tool wouldn't connect on the OSE through Tunerpro but you were 100% correct the OSE enhanced flashtool connected and programmed no problem.