Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
Could try option 11 to change connect flag but I don’t think that will help.. afaik that’s grabbing every message on the bus, I’ll do a little more digging..
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
Well for sure I am not seeing all messages …
Otherwise I just can’t accurately send them… if you send low speed messages or inject them into the data steam do you need a special checksum or sending module identifier?
Otherwise I just can’t accurately send them… if you send low speed messages or inject them into the data steam do you need a special checksum or sending module identifier?
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
Do you have a low speed log of using the app to lock and/or unlock the doors?
Is there just no data being read? or your not finding what you'd expect?
With low speed I have been able to mimic the lock and unlock commands coming from RCDLR to the BCM and make the doors unlock/lock and I even got the remote start to work if I woke up the low speed with a test light connected to b+ momentarily. Now I can send wake up messages so I assume I could do that now with just code.
Is there just no data being read? or your not finding what you'd expect?
With low speed I have been able to mimic the lock and unlock commands coming from RCDLR to the BCM and make the doors unlock/lock and I even got the remote start to work if I woke up the low speed with a test light connected to b+ momentarily. Now I can send wake up messages so I assume I could do that now with just code.
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
That’s what I’m trying to do as well. But I don’t have an external rcdlr it’s internal to the bcm, with separate dumb antenna (no data). But onstar is external and can lock, flash lights and start the car.ironduke wrote: Thu Aug 28, 2025 12:11 pm Do you have a low speed log of using the app to lock and/or unlock the doors?
Is there just no data being read? or your not finding what you'd expect?
With low speed I have been able to mimic the lock and unlock commands coming from RCDLR to the BCM and make the doors unlock/lock and I even got the remote start to work if I woke up the low speed with a test light connected to b+ momentarily. Now I can send wake up messages so I assume I could do that now with just code.
I know for sure it’s pin 1 can, as I isolated the high speed wires to the module and it still locks, unlocks doors and gets vehicle info without it.
But I see only two messages sent from onstar when I lock, or unlock or flash lights and it allways the same!
High voltage wake up then keep alive Vlan.
So we are missing the lock, unlock flash lights messages?
I’m certain it’s sent via 29 bit extended frame id message. I do not see how to enable logging it? I’m only seeing 11 bit ids on ls can at 33.3k nothing at 83.3k
Im seeing this
00 00 06 XX
00 00 02 XX
But need to see
10 01 XX YY ids
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
Guess I’ll have to make my own with arduni or stm32 and can transceiver
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
You can try this, but I highly suspect that you have 29bit can frames, Gm start using them with globalB.
It is possible there is direct connection with bcm on separate wiring that triggers what you need. Old RKE used something like that. A careful inspection can reveal hidden discrete wires.
It is possible there is direct connection with bcm on separate wiring that triggers what you need. Old RKE used something like that. A careful inspection can reveal hidden discrete wires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
Yes an agree it’s likely 29 bit.
No discrete wires only power, ground, ign and 5960 low speed can hooked up on bench and it locked unlocked my bcm on the bench
No discrete wires only power, ground, ign and 5960 low speed can hooked up on bench and it locked unlocked my bcm on the bench
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
It may use different baudrate, even though it should be negotiated first. or the tool you have don`t process data as valid can frames.
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
Possibly it’s either 33.3 or 83.3 baud rate correct?
I am using an old mongoose pro II v0404.
I tried both of these.
I am using an old mongoose pro II v0404.
I tried both of these.
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Enabling mixed frame and or extended Low Speed CAN single wire frames like those posted on GMLAN bible
Btw thanks for everyone’s help if I wasn’t sounding appreciative yet!