When I hooked this up just power, ground, IGN and CAN lo pin 1, my doors unlocked and locked via my chevy app.
Which tells us a lot, Onstar does not care what other modules are present to authenticate a SMS/web socket session. And I still don't think this module is reporting any VIN. I think that is done at setup on there end, and they link the IMEI number and user code from the module to a VIN, polled from one or more modules during setup. That or perhaps the internal ESIM phone number is linked to the VIN at production build?
Also, my logs are definitely not working then because I get no traffic from the Onstar module at address 97, or 024D (resp 064D). So my low speed logging needs some work maybe extended frames are not working?
MC1MX6S1AVM08AB MCU ARM9
NCV7356G CAN transceiver
FCC report has some photos and info
https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/BEJLTTC10F/ FCC
Hello SIM card holder and ESIM missing from the PCB (FCC has early prototype with plastic SIM). Probably just removing the ESIM and soldering on a SIM holder
would work. Then I don't have to pay data to GM? But the phone number would not match OnStar
I do not see any other simple IC to store VIN or anything. Can some ESIMs have a EEPROM to store anything like that? This ESIM I have never seen before?
Can't find any info for it.
FCC Test SIM plastic below
Code: Select all
ssecuhn = 23261543
vin = 3GNCJRSB5FL163579
snoet =
vmecuhn = 0
ssecusvn = 0
ecu_adr = 97
num_part = 1
numcms = 2
blocklen = 0
disp_type = 1
protocol = 3
swcompat_id = ffffffff
diagdata_id = 65535
shopcode = 99999888888
progdate = FFFFFFFF
pinnum = 68
numseeds = 1
event_type = 1
devicetype = J2534
seed = 0000
sps_id = a7
chksum = 0
table_len = 0
nav_info = FFFFFFFF, FFFFFFFF, FFFFFFFF, FFFFFFFF, FFFFFFFF
reserved = -1
post_prog_instructions =
SecCodeVeh = 8111