TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
yes
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
Ok so it’s dead with ignition on engine not started I’m thinking this might be apart of my issue though weirdly I haven’t noticed any other issues 
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
Tested with my test light it has power with the ignition then tested in reverse powered the test light and tested earth/s on the plug all 3 gave me a light
though one was dull compared to the other two. Then tested with my multimeter had 5v so that part seems normal.
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
Ok so started the car and checked the listed errors and the above is what showed up. I've got an old Gm map sensor which I was using but swapped it out with an ebay special as I was having issues so after seeing the map error I swapped them back over. What would the memcal error be? I've ordered a new tps assuming that'll sort that code and I'll get a new IAT aswell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
Code 51 stands out to me. Check that your memcal is making good contact when plugged in and then erase the code and see if it comes back.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
Code 51 is checksum fail. Did you edit this file with the wrong XDF? You should never see that.
If those errors are real (hard to say with a corrupted nvram) then at a minimum you have a problem with 5v power which feeds map and tps. Probably others a well with the MAT circut. Idle speed error is likely an air leak or incorrectly set throttle stop and it cant close the air up enough via the IAC to bring the revs down.
If those errors are real (hard to say with a corrupted nvram) then at a minimum you have a problem with 5v power which feeds map and tps. Probably others a well with the MAT circut. Idle speed error is likely an air leak or incorrectly set throttle stop and it cant close the air up enough via the IAC to bring the revs down.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
Oh ok I’ll check it out.
I don’t believe so seems to be working fine otherwise I’ve got it all set up a bit more organised so the right files are there ready to re write but I may have made a mistake. I did a check today on the tps it’s getting 5v but weirdly still not showing signal to the tps on the pc. Yeah the throttle stop is upto shit still working it out the tps kinda threw me off. Cheers
I don’t believe so seems to be working fine otherwise I’ve got it all set up a bit more organised so the right files are there ready to re write but I may have made a mistake. I did a check today on the tps it’s getting 5v but weirdly still not showing signal to the tps on the pc. Yeah the throttle stop is upto shit still working it out the tps kinda threw me off. Cheers
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
Also how do I go about clearing the codes?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
It gets valid signal and they clear. If 5v is good, it must be a problem on signal or ground. Ground unplugged shouldnt be showing a voltage. Might be wrong wire to wrong pin. Memcal error means the operating system is corrupted. Thats bad. At that point you cant trust anything and ecm might be crashing and restarting any time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: TPS works when in neutral but not when in gear.
Put a fresh copy of ose$12p in it and start again
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem