DFI Module Going into Bypass
-
JCSuperina
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:57 pm
- cars: VY Commodore Series 2
DFI Module Going into Bypass
Hi all, I'm in the process of making a 2-step system but I can't stretch out the cut long enough due to the PCM going into bypass. I don't know if I can just trick the DFI into staying off bypass but let me know!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
this is a bit too much of an open ended question. what car? what ecm or pcm? what are you doing to try and get the 2 step function? what do you mean bypass? Normally bypass going high happens when the revs are above 400 rpm and is normal. I am takeing it that you want to keep the built in 10 degrees timing generated by the DFI? You could put a switch on the bypass line to disconnect it from the ecm/pcm and ground it to keep it in bypass, or you could connect a switch to the diag pin and ground that to put it in diag mode where it'll flash codes and also give you a locked 10 degrees timeing.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
JCSuperina
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:57 pm
- cars: VY Commodore Series 2
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
Sorry my bad, it’s a NA VY V6 PCM. I’m cutting the EST line out when it reaches 2k at the moment I’ve got it set at 50ms because any higher and it will immediately give a CEL. I’m wanting it to stay on the PCMs timing rather than going into the DFIs. It’s going into limp mode because it’s detecting the spark is not running right, just need it to stop trying to go into the DFIs limp mode so that I can make the 2 step a bit more aggressive because at the moment it still creeps up much higher then what it should.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
Ahh I see. So your spark cut is to break the spark signal by cutting the EST line. And you need to avoid the fall back mode the PCM goes in to. I'm not sure how it detects that state. Does it set any codes? I trust you have verified bypass goes low from the PCM.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
Aren't The1 and Chrome trying to do the same thing with their 2 step/rev limiter and having the same issue?
viewtopic.php?t=8567
viewtopic.php?t=8567
-
Chr0m3
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
- cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
I don't have that issue, the1 does our code is entirely different, I've also told old mate here what he can do, he needs to make the cut faster so it doesn't trigger the fallback.immortality wrote: Tue Sep 09, 2025 10:43 pm Aren't The1 and Chrome trying to do the same thing with their 2 step/rev limiter and having the same issue?
viewtopic.php?t=8567
-
JCSuperina
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:57 pm
- cars: VY Commodore Series 2
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
If I make the cut any faster it struggles even more to hold the rpm normally just sky rockets to redline.
-
Chr0m3
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
- cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
Don't know what to tell you a genuine bee r can cut fast enough to hold and not cause EST to fallback.JCSuperina wrote: Wed Sep 10, 2025 7:57 am If I make the cut any faster it struggles even more to hold the rpm normally just sky rockets to redline.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
Fair enough, I just recall you were both working on a similar thing and having issues.Chr0m3 wrote: Wed Sep 10, 2025 6:40 amI don't have that issue, the1 does our code is entirely different, I've also told old mate here what he can do, he needs to make the cut faster so it doesn't trigger the fallback.immortality wrote: Tue Sep 09, 2025 10:43 pm Aren't The1 and Chrome trying to do the same thing with their 2 step/rev limiter and having the same issue?
viewtopic.php?t=8567
-
Chr0m3
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
- cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2
Re: DFI Module Going into Bypass
My issue is it doesn't work at low rpm, higher the RPM better it works, I don't get EST codes etc.immortality wrote: Wed Sep 10, 2025 10:38 pmFair enough, I just recall you were both working on a similar thing and having issues.Chr0m3 wrote: Wed Sep 10, 2025 6:40 amI don't have that issue, the1 does our code is entirely different, I've also told old mate here what he can do, he needs to make the cut faster so it doesn't trigger the fallback.immortality wrote: Tue Sep 09, 2025 10:43 pm Aren't The1 and Chrome trying to do the same thing with their 2 step/rev limiter and having the same issue?
viewtopic.php?t=8567
