Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
As the title says trying to do a bit of tuning/getting the car running and driving everything seems to be working well no errors as I drive I can see the map reading lean as I open the throttle/rev the car no matter how much fuel I add it seems to do nothing. I was definitely emulating and even tried to upload the changes manually which made no difference. I feel like I’m missing something small but not sure where to start cheers
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
Verified fuel pressure is ok when revved increases with vacuum. Thinking about it I’m currently not running a speed sensor could that affect it? If so how can I set it up to bypass it. Cheers
-
VTXU8
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 am
Re: Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
That's your main issue to start. No speed sensor input. Car thinks it's not moving so it's fuelling from idle table rather than main tables.
Ecu thinks your parked and just revving engine.
Ecu thinks your parked and just revving engine.
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
Makes sense haha. I’ve seen that people have run them without a speed sensor obviously need to change some settings. Cheers
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
Are you adding fuel in the AE settings not just changing the ve table
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
I was just adding them to the Ve table
what’s the AE table? Accelerator Enrichment?
-
VTXU8
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 am
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
Re: Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
This is 12p? Are you making changes in real time to the VE table?
Just for peace of mind, download the bin you have now, and use the comparison tool and compare your bin to the stock 12p bin. If you have a lot of “undefined” items, I would start again just modifying the tables you need to a fresh 12p tune.
Just for peace of mind, download the bin you have now, and use the comparison tool and compare your bin to the stock 12p bin. If you have a lot of “undefined” items, I would start again just modifying the tables you need to a fresh 12p tune.
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
Yeah 12p. At first I thought that I wasn’t by mistake but gave it another go and even tried manually uploading it from what I can see it’s not using the main VE map possibly using the idle map as I don’t have a speedo signal connected didn’t realise it’d be an issue as a couple of members on here are running without a speedo but I obviously need to change settings to suit I’m not sure where to start.
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Help tune lean no matter how much fuel I add to the map
Also what are you referring to by undefined? Cheers