I've started doing some basic driveability tuning on my VY N/A Ecotec using OSE flash tool and the factory VY $060A XDF, which works well.
I'm optimising the auto trans tune and TCC lock speeds in 3rd and 4th gear, however, it appears the TCC unlocks during decel. This makes DFCO almost useless, as the revs fall below the threshold at any reasonable road speed.
I've had a look through the enhanced OS version XDF's but couldn't find an option to change this either. Is there any way to have the TCC stay locked at 0% TPS?
VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
-
calais5l
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:08 am
- cars: VR Calais 5L
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
There should be a few different option flags for TCC control but they probably aren't defined.
I believe there should be also one that allows the TCC to remain locked when down shifting.
On our old VS I had both those options set (TCC on during decel and down shift) and it makes for a better drive IMHO, you just need to adjust your driving style a bit, more like driving a manual.
I believe there should be also one that allows the TCC to remain locked when down shifting.
On our old VS I had both those options set (TCC on during decel and down shift) and it makes for a better drive IMHO, you just need to adjust your driving style a bit, more like driving a manual.
-
calais5l
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:08 am
- cars: VR Calais 5L
Re: VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
The XDF I'm using (VY V6_$060A v2.63) doesn't have any option flags for TCC, however, after looking at enhanced version (VX VY_V6_$060A_Enhanced_v2.09a), it has a heap of 'Enable TCC Conditions' flags, but I'm not sure what each one refers to.
Does anyone know if there is a list of what these abbreviated labels refer to?
I totally agree that having the TCC remain locked during decel is so important for driveability. I don't know why they make it unlock and lock again as you get on and off the throttle in the factory tunes.
Does anyone know if there is a list of what these abbreviated labels refer to?
I totally agree that having the TCC remain locked during decel is so important for driveability. I don't know why they make it unlock and lock again as you get on and off the throttle in the factory tunes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
It looks like someone has started to work on defining those option flags but it's not been completed.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
I compared to another tool and put some names on these functions. Hope it helps. @the1 I moved the version from 'a' to 'b' and added beta incase there is a real 2.09b out there, feel free to remove the beta and put it in the official archive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
Thanks Antus. 
-
calais5l
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:08 am
- cars: VR Calais 5L
Re: VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
Thanks so much, Antus!
I've already tested it by deselecting TCC 'Decel disable' and 'Low TPS disable' and can confirm it works perfectly. The driveability is so much better like that, with a fuel saving bonus at the same time.
I've already tested it by deselecting TCC 'Decel disable' and 'Low TPS disable' and can confirm it works perfectly. The driveability is so much better like that, with a fuel saving bonus at the same time.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
Great! Thanks for letting us know.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
rjdrew1986
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 pm
Re: VY 4l60e TCC unlocking during decel
Does anyone know if TCC 'Decel disable' and 'Low TPS disable' options are available in other PCMs such as the P04?