I am wanting to log my VY V6 N/A, but without disabling chatter. I'd like to have the BCM and dash work as normal and not have the BCM enable the fans due to DTC92 when logging. I understand that the update rate would be very slow by leaving the chatter enabled, but I'd be happy to even get 3hz.
I'm currently using the 'VX Engine and trans TP5 V104 yoda69 edition' ADX. Is there a way I can edit the ADX or use a different file to achieve this?
Tunerpro 5 RT logging without disabling chatter
-
calais5l
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:08 am
- cars: VR Calais 5L
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Tunerpro 5 RT logging without disabling chatter
I dont think it would be possible. By the VT and later the ALDL bus was stretched so far the chatter consumes nearly all of it. There is a small gap per bcm heart beat, just enough to search for the 50ms silence and fire a silence chatter command but I dont think you'll fit a whole mode 1 request and its long response in there. You could try modifying the adx to try and time off the heartbeat and shoot 1 mode 1 request off in the moment of bus silence and see how you go. If that doesnt work you'll have to go full custom to try and make a packet fit somehow. you might be able to log chatter with ose flash tool and see frome timestamps when messages fire and calculate how long the messages take by length at 8192 baud and determine if there is enough bus time for a mode 1 then you know how custom your going to have to go to make something work.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: Tunerpro 5 RT logging without disabling chatter
If it's just the fans you want to fix, drop an occasional fake PCM data packet to keep them off.
But it would be a whole lot easier just to temporarily remove the low speed fan relay.
But it would be a whole lot easier just to temporarily remove the low speed fan relay.
-
calais5l
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:08 am
- cars: VR Calais 5L
Re: Tunerpro 5 RT logging without disabling chatter
Thanks guys. For now, I might just remove the fan relay when I'm logging.
@antus - When requesting mode 1 data, are all parameter values returned by default, or can you request only ones you require?
@antus - When requesting mode 1 data, are all parameter values returned by default, or can you request only ones you require?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Tunerpro 5 RT logging without disabling chatter
you get all in the one response, you need to patch the OS to change that, its not user configurable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396