Hi, I ran into an issue recently when trying to do SPS programming witch Techline Connect. It used to work not a long time ago but now it launches and complains about gds2shell missing.
I wrote to adcelco but of course got no response. There is no GDS2shell folder/files and Techline version info shows 0.0.0.
Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the error message but it just said GDS2shell missing with a path where it should be.
I have tried on two PCs, same error.
Anyone had experienced this? I don't want to pay another 18€ just to have another failed attempt.
Techline Connect missing GDS2shell
-
dzidaV8
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 pm
- cars: 2006 Pontiac GTO
1992 Pontiac Trans Am Convertible
1988 Pontiac Firebird L31 Vortec swap - Location: Poland
Techline Connect missing GDS2shell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Techline Connect missing GDS2shell
Yeah, someone else on another forum had the same issue.. I uploaded the exe file that it said was missing and he said it worked after he copied and pasted the file..
Here's the msi install folder direct from the techline connect TUM folder. You can extract the shell.exe from the msi and copy it where it needs to go.
C:\Program Files (x86)\TechlineConnect
https://mega.nz/file/0mJyiS5Y#ApwRF-kdW ... aijCm3wsWU
You might be able to use the uninstaller on the gds2shell program and then run the tlc installer again??
One neat feature is you can now run gds2 totally standalone independant of tlc as long as you use tlc every 30 days or so to renew the lease.. Haven't even looked into hacking the lease again like I did before, I'm just glad to run it standalone again.. It pulls the vin and gets the rpo's now too standalone..
Looks like your mdi install and DBDT is screwed up too.. Did you run the tlc installer as administrator?? As in download the exe and then right click and run the installer as administrator?
Here's the msi install folder direct from the techline connect TUM folder. You can extract the shell.exe from the msi and copy it where it needs to go.
C:\Program Files (x86)\TechlineConnect
https://mega.nz/file/0mJyiS5Y#ApwRF-kdW ... aijCm3wsWU
You might be able to use the uninstaller on the gds2shell program and then run the tlc installer again??
One neat feature is you can now run gds2 totally standalone independant of tlc as long as you use tlc every 30 days or so to renew the lease.. Haven't even looked into hacking the lease again like I did before, I'm just glad to run it standalone again.. It pulls the vin and gets the rpo's now too standalone..
Looks like your mdi install and DBDT is screwed up too.. Did you run the tlc installer as administrator?? As in download the exe and then right click and run the installer as administrator?
-
dzidaV8
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 pm
- cars: 2006 Pontiac GTO
1992 Pontiac Trans Am Convertible
1988 Pontiac Firebird L31 Vortec swap - Location: Poland
Re: Techline Connect missing GDS2shell
Thanks a lot, this fixed it! I don't have MDI so maybe that's why it doesn't show it... Yes, I did run it as admin.