OSE 11P V104

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
mag
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:21 pm
cars: VN Commodore
Location: Blue Mountains NSW

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by mag »

Now that I have fixed the clt issue, I wish to continue exploring paddle control of a 4L60E. Anyone know if placing selector in D and applying inputs to 424 pcm, commanding 1, 2, 3 and D would cause $11P to shift the 4L60E while maintaining pcm control of shift parameters. Am aware that simply driving the 4L6E solenoids will achieve the same outcome but it strikes as a big hammer approach that could be detrimental to the long term life of the transmission.
cfautos
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2024 1:25 pm
cars: VY SS
BA XR6
VP
VN

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by cfautos »

vlad01 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:59 am Same, only used the fan one and iirc the clear engine codes one and that's as far as I have gone.

I have only used 11P on a manual as well which doesn't help.
Do you have any more info on this Vlad? Given that the vehicles listed under $11P were all autos I figured this may have not been possible especially because of the manual VR’s running an 808 in what I’ve seen. I’d like to run a 424 in my VP drift car with a T5 manual box is this something similar to what you have ran before? I figured I’d likely be able to just whack the bin in to tp and have a look to see if it seemed possible but would love to hear from someone with first hand experience before I dive into mine
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by vlad01 »

I just unchecked all the auto DTC enable flags so that none of the errors of the missing auto would trigger or upset anything. Other that the auto support, 11P is nearly the same as as 12P apart from some slightly better spark control hardware and with the couple of additional spark features.

I didn't choose to run 11P with a manual, rather I was helping another member with their race car that used the 424 and 11P. I think the main reason was availability of the 424 and better reliability, 424 rarely fail, but 808 are more prone to sudden failures due to lower component quality control at the time.

The other reason might have been the VR accepts reluctor speed sensors which this particular car was running a getrag, so with a T5 I feel like the 424 might not work with the T5's hall type sensor? I could be wrong, it's been years since I touched anything other than the 808 family of ECUs.

VR manual used the 082 and 305, which are just higher quality 808s with the high speed ALDL chip present.
seanlivingstone
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:19 pm
cars: vy ss
vy calais super 6
vx commodore
vs manual v6

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by seanlivingstone »

Is there any way to wire in a switch for the power/econ mode? need to be able to pull timing for nitrous! otherwise will try and do it with iat sensor! cheers
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by Gareth »

You can wire that switch to your map switch
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...