Ants delco twin cam gemini
-
Yortt
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:11 am
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Can I ask what throttle position sensor you used? I intend using this induction system on a G161 motor.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Its a generic aftermarket universal tps like this one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311900425894
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Yortt
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:11 am
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Things are happening, its getting exciting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Gunna take a nice bit of fabrication to get the exhaust out thru that small hole. They were a great engine std but with boost it'll be a little rocket.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Maybe Ant can use my method of clearance pipes to make a few flat spots or change the shape to more oval which saves bring out any welders or grinders.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
The stock one had 2 pipes through that gap, and the exhaust shop think they take a 3" v-band off the back of the turbo in to two pipes, get it through there, then merge it under the car without problem. I have supplied an aeroflow 5 bolt to v-band adapter to bolt on the back. I should get it back Wednesday if all goes well and then have some more updates. I have a lot of hose fittings and hopefully I can get oil and water all piped up.
Thinking about the intake pipes now.
You'll see there are LS1 coils now, they're using the basic VL400 module that has no dwell control but just changes the coil output from the delco module back to a logic level to drive those, then runs them as 2 pairs for effectively wasted spark but 1 coil cylinder, rather than coil in the middle of two like the delco coil packs.
There are also some custom 440cc injectors. I am not sure how they are going to go. I made up a basic injector tester with an esp32 chip and mosfet and bought 8. I found 6 were very close in flow, 1 was a few percent out and one was a fair way out. So I grabbed 4 of the close ones and am counting the other two close ones as spares, one that could be used at a pinch, and I think I already threw the worse one in the bin.
There is also a 2 bar map, and Ive put a base tune in the boost areas. It was drivable with the map, ignition and injector upgrades still as N/A, but I'll do some more tuneing when I get it back with the turbo on and it's all together, as I think it will have changed enough again.
Thinking about the intake pipes now.
You'll see there are LS1 coils now, they're using the basic VL400 module that has no dwell control but just changes the coil output from the delco module back to a logic level to drive those, then runs them as 2 pairs for effectively wasted spark but 1 coil cylinder, rather than coil in the middle of two like the delco coil packs.
There are also some custom 440cc injectors. I am not sure how they are going to go. I made up a basic injector tester with an esp32 chip and mosfet and bought 8. I found 6 were very close in flow, 1 was a few percent out and one was a fair way out. So I grabbed 4 of the close ones and am counting the other two close ones as spares, one that could be used at a pinch, and I think I already threw the worse one in the bin.
There is also a 2 bar map, and Ive put a base tune in the boost areas. It was drivable with the map, ignition and injector upgrades still as N/A, but I'll do some more tuneing when I get it back with the turbo on and it's all together, as I think it will have changed enough again.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
It was not possible to get real flow data with this setup as it does not have electrical properties that match with the delco's injector driver, as well as is missing of the analog circuitry that is required to get a good signal in to the injectors, but it was enough to compare them to each other, then do the rest on the car.
Also the part number of the lower o-rings that go on the tips turned out to be IJO-030 which are not the ones pictured, they were too big for the car.
Also the part number of the lower o-rings that go on the tips turned out to be IJO-030 which are not the ones pictured, they were too big for the car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Boost fixes everything can't wait to see this going
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem