Memcal Identification 12P

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Memcal Identification 12P

Post by Charlescrown »

Was doing some logging and tuning today on my Starion and noticed the memcal is identifying as an 8 cylinder. It used to be a 4 cyl. The car runs fine. Is the netters having an issue?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Memcal Identification 12P

Post by antus »

Normally it'd be cylinder jumpers. either set to memcal and memcal is missing or not set to 4. But I think your starion is TPI? That was not supported by $12 and it cant say TPI. I cant remember if it says 8 normally for TPI but if it is running properly that would explain it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Memcal Identification 12P

Post by Charlescrown »

Yes it's TBI but without going back to old logs I thought it displayed 4 cyl but you got me thinking. I thought Tunerpro picked up what memcal was being used by the resistor arrangement in the netters in the memcal. I use 4 cyl Camira memcals with a flash chip and even though 12P was designed for multipoint it's been quiet easy to tune for TBI. OK well I'll continue on since it's not affecting how the car runs.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Memcal Identification 12P

Post by antus »

Yes it does, TPI is a resistor value but it is not defined in the data stream. Its different to 4 cyl because it fires each cyl, not batch fire. I would guess you cut a pin on the netres for tpi, and that is what you are seeing. I used your tune as a base on a g160 isuzu tpi install and set the tpi netnes with success. Ill load a log from that car and confirm what I see when im at a pc.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Memcal Identification 12P

Post by antus »

Well there you go, it is saying 4 cyl mode when the car is running....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Memcal Identification 12P

Post by Charlescrown »

Sorry I can't open that file. I haven't modified the memcal. Maybe theres a difference between a multipoint and TBI memcals. Anyway the car running great after fixing a bit of a mess with the tune. Now it's time to go driving for a wider range with the logs.
Ah I see now it jumps to selected 4 cyl when the log starts playing. Looks like I was concerned over nothing.
Thanks for the help.