Thermo fan/s
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Thermo fan/s
So take the jumper off (so it can’t write) then remove it and turn ignition on? Then should come on? I was just running the temp setting really low could see it was activating but can’t get it to work today 
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Thermo fan/s
I’m not sure what was happening but got it working then hard wired it and it stopped working
for some reason the relay was earthing the fan power wire I ended up cutting that plug off and fitting crimps as id already tried swapping relays. Seems ok now just trying to figure out how to test it without running it to temp again as I’ve got guys doing work at my house. Tried lowering the temp it switches on but doesn’t seem to be effecting it.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Thermo fan/s
In the send command option on the top menu bar, you can send a command to switch the fan on and one to switch it off. That way you can turn the fan on when ever you want. Also, going into diagnostic mode either in TP or just bridging the black wire with the white one in the diag plug near the ECU will go to diag mode, the fan comes on even if the engine isn't running, all of these methods allow it without the engine actually running as long as the ignition is on.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Thermo fan/s
I remember doing ls1 fans into my patrol. I think there was 4 wires. Low speed/high speed and they were sent constant b+. Uses the relays to switch the ground. Not sure if the earlier model fans are wired the same.