Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
was also going through the 5 liter tunes and xdf's. looks like the earlier stuff didn't have bump spark or possibly 3rd gear tcc lockup. I think the 5D xdf has 3rd gear tcc lockup, but the other xdf"s don't, same as 12p? I started digging a little deeper and doesn't look like some of that stuffs even there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
I don’t no wtf the go is with this either. Ordered a new external fuel pump and fuel hose for it. As the genuine external pumps are larger on one end. Rather than trying to force a smaller hose onto it. There’s no way these hoses are gunna work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Holden really were way off with their trans tuning, especially anything pre VT where the strategy was get it into 4th ASAP and stay there. Much better to stay in 3rd with converter lock until you reach higher speeds requiring 4th gear. Pushing against the converter in 4th all the time just creates heat in the trans fluid.Wade wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 12:59 am was also going through the 5 liter tunes and xdf's. looks like the earlier stuff didn't have bump spark or possibly 3rd gear tcc lockup. I think the 5D xdf has 3rd gear tcc lockup, but the other xdf"s don't, same as 12p? I started digging a little deeper and doesn't look like some of that stuffs even there.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Yeah but I don’t think 12p has 3rd gear tcc lock up?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Oops, I'm probably thinking 11p with the 4L60e trans.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
12P default TCC lockup is at around 60 or 70ks, the older tunes in VP and such ran it at about the 80-90 range, so the later tunes were actually even worse in this regard. When I got my auto built, I found this issue when switching to 12P, the TCC was very early and it bogged it down. I feel like the TCC was active in both 3rd and 4th since I recall the setting was on road speed only, but I could be wrong.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Yeah I’m not sure. I’ll have to have a closer look at it all. Put a brand new battery in it as well, and only a couple days later the indicator window was white. So I’ll have to get the multimeter out as well. Starting to remember why I don’t work on cars much anymore 
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
12P doesnt have a 3rd gear input or calculate it from a combination of RPM and road speed. Not sure 5D knows the mechanical auto is in 3rd either.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Well that would explain why 3rd gear tcc isn’t there. I think 4th is road speed vs tps%, will have to have another look.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Looks like the vx ss calipers need new seals. And the vy master/booster I’ve got is for abs. But the vq don’t have abs. Are they still interchangeable? And has anyone got suggestions on brands for the new seals?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.