Initial config is not that difficult, some small changes will be needed. The biggest issue is there is some specific Gm FD protocol that is not well defined.
CAN_FD_PS vs more standard FD_CAN_PS
anyone know something about it.
found there is more info in this document but don`t have access to it.
setting CAN 2.0 is just as easy as a filter setup and you are ready to go.
not sure what protocol talks the modules after gateway, if they can speak CAN 2.0 will be great.
I suspect CANFD is used only for programming events.
What platform is the target BCM
CANFD needs some more work to be fully implemented[should be ready soon].
thanks kur40, I'm also having issues sending 29bit messages on pin 1. I can log them just fine but they don't send correctly. I get this message "Error setting config: ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED"
Finally needed changes are done to support CAN_FD if tool support it. MDI2 is preferred for testing.
Some example configuration are included, for rawcan and iso connection to bcm. You can adjust filters if needed.
beta version included. unzip and overwrite to current installation folder of universal patcher.
I don`t think gm ever used 29bit CAN over LSCAN. it may be considered mdi don`t support it. You can try playing with raw can connection and test various flags or options., hooking external device to monitor if anything is send over. Unfortunately I can`t test it with a single device.
Anyone knows the response of this frame, used without gateway.
00 00 01 45 45 50 80 00 00 00 00 00
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.