$5D → OSE12P Cammed 2-Bar Conversion Complete (Crow Stage 2)

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Kruger2511
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:01 am
cars: Vn commodore series 1 v6 m62 top mount charged

$5D → OSE12P Cammed 2-Bar Conversion Complete (Crow Stage 2)

Post by Kruger2511 »

After about 3 years of learning the Delco platform inside-out, I finally wrapped up a project I’ve been chipping away at for a long time.
I’ve successfully taken my old $5D MACE Crow Stage 2 cam calibration and rebuilt it into a fully functional OSE12P 2-bar boosted tune — with all the original cam behaviour intact.

This wasn’t just a straight copy-over.
I had to rework VE, spark, AE temp/decay, IAC spark transitions and boost mapping so the engine would behave exactly like the original tune off idle, but also scale cleanly into boost with proper 12P logic.
Took a lot of trial-and-error, datalogging, and genuinely understanding how 12P handles transient fueling and MAP scaling compared to $5D,
but the end result is a cammed/boosted Buick V6 that drives OEM-smooth and hits the boost tables clean.

I also want to mention — before diving deep into it, I spent a lot of time just reading through threads here on PCM Hacking.
There’s a ton of useful info buried across the forum, and it definitely helped me build the foundation I needed before tackling the conversion properly.

The bin is my personal build and I won’t be distributing it,
but if anyone wants to chat about the process, the differences between $5D and 12P, or approaches to transient fueling, spark or MAP scaling, I’m always happy to discuss.
Not handing out full calibrations, but more than willing to share knowledge.

Easily the most challenging but rewarding thing I’ve tuned so far.
Feels good to finally have a proper 2-bar cammed setup behaving the way it should.

Big thanks to the developers and contributors behind OSE12P and the Delco 808 hardware modules.
The amount of work that’s gone into expanding and modernising this ECM is incredible, and it’s the only reason projects like this are possible for backyard builders/tuners like myself.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: $5D → OSE12P Cammed 2-Bar Conversion Complete (Crow Stage 2)

Post by antus »

Great to hear, well done!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396