07-2013 GM BCM
-
Camino_77
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm
- cars: 78 El Camino
56 Belair 4Dr
14 Dodge Journey
12 Suburban
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Thanks for verifying this information
-
Camino_77
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm
- cars: 78 El Camino
56 Belair 4Dr
14 Dodge Journey
12 Suburban
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
When stating "the eeprom will only contain the vehicle specific data," does that include the build codes? From what I understand, the "Flash Memory" is the same per part number. If that's the case, then it would have to be the eeprom that sets the options on the particular BCM. An example would be two similar vehicles with different options. The Flash Chip would be the same, however the eeprom would have the options either switched on or off. Is this Correct???
I was able to find some info on my 2012 BCM. according to a site, there are two rolls of five pin holes on the pcb that are used for dumping the bins using the BDM method. Although, I'm not sure what type of tool they were using. I have verified the pin holes on my own BCM.
I've seen vids showing the use of a hardware and software program called I/O Terminal. It has the ability to read and write both the eeprom and flash memory. Are any of y'all using this or have seen it? I'm just wondering what everyone is using to read the BCM.
I've ordered some parts to build a bench harness starting with the BCM.
Bill
I was able to find some info on my 2012 BCM. according to a site, there are two rolls of five pin holes on the pcb that are used for dumping the bins using the BDM method. Although, I'm not sure what type of tool they were using. I have verified the pin holes on my own BCM.
I've seen vids showing the use of a hardware and software program called I/O Terminal. It has the ability to read and write both the eeprom and flash memory. Are any of y'all using this or have seen it? I'm just wondering what everyone is using to read the BCM.
I've ordered some parts to build a bench harness starting with the BCM.
Bill
-
Camino_77
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm
- cars: 78 El Camino
56 Belair 4Dr
14 Dodge Journey
12 Suburban
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
i believe iprog is the tool that will dump these bcms not ioterminal. The eeprom probably does contain build data for options, but the calibrations are probably what set those values up. The sytem segment contains a lot of the vehicle build options.
-
Camino_77
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm
- cars: 78 El Camino
56 Belair 4Dr
14 Dodge Journey
12 Suburban
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
That makes a lot of sense that the main data is in the cal with the eeprom containing the specific information and vehicle build options.
As far as I can tell, io prog and io terminal are the same products just marketed under different names.
As far as I can tell, io prog and io terminal are the same products just marketed under different names.
-
Camino_77
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm
- cars: 78 El Camino
56 Belair 4Dr
14 Dodge Journey
12 Suburban
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Correction, the io Prog and io Terminal look to be the same product. However, the iProg is a different product and looks to be Russian.
Last edited by Camino_77 on Mon Dec 08, 2025 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
radrace19
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
- cars: Pontiac G8 GXP
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I have IO Terminal / IO-PROG, It does not work with this BCM.Camino_77 wrote: Sun Dec 07, 2025 3:06 am When stating "the eeprom will only contain the vehicle specific data," does that include the build codes? From what I understand, the "Flash Memory" is the same per part number. If that's the case, then it would have to be the eeprom that sets the options on the particular BCM. An example would be two similar vehicles with different options. The Flash Chip would be the same, however the eeprom would have the options either switched on or off. Is this Correct???
I was able to find some info on my 2012 BCM. according to a site, there are two rolls of five pin holes on the pcb that are used for dumping the bins using the BDM method. Although, I'm not sure what type of tool they were using. I have verified the pin holes on my own BCM.
I've seen vids showing the use of a hardware and software program called I/O Terminal. It has the ability to read and write both the eeprom and flash memory. Are any of y'all using this or have seen it? I'm just wondering what everyone is using to read the BCM.
I've ordered some parts to build a bench harness starting with the BCM.
Bill
-
Camino_77
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm
- cars: 78 El Camino
56 Belair 4Dr
14 Dodge Journey
12 Suburban
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Thank You!!! I was looking at them, but I didn't trust neither the site nor the quality of the product.radrace19 wrote: Mon Dec 08, 2025 8:35 pmI have IO Terminal / IO-PROG, It does not work with this BCM.Camino_77 wrote: Sun Dec 07, 2025 3:06 am When stating "the eeprom will only contain the vehicle specific data," does that include the build codes? From what I understand, the "Flash Memory" is the same per part number. If that's the case, then it would have to be the eeprom that sets the options on the particular BCM. An example would be two similar vehicles with different options. The Flash Chip would be the same, however the eeprom would have the options either switched on or off. Is this Correct???
I was able to find some info on my 2012 BCM. according to a site, there are two rolls of five pin holes on the pcb that are used for dumping the bins using the BDM method. Although, I'm not sure what type of tool they were using. I have verified the pin holes on my own BCM.
I've seen vids showing the use of a hardware and software program called I/O Terminal. It has the ability to read and write both the eeprom and flash memory. Are any of y'all using this or have seen it? I'm just wondering what everyone is using to read the BCM.
I've ordered some parts to build a bench harness starting with the BCM.
Bill
-
Camino_77
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm
- cars: 78 El Camino
56 Belair 4Dr
14 Dodge Journey
12 Suburban
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Good Evening,
I've been searching and reading around the web, I was able to locate Fujitsu Programming Software for the MB91F011 MCU. Looking at the above photo, The pins include:
4 Grounds
2 +5 Volts
1 TX
1 RX
1 Reset
I'm still looking for Hardware that I can use to retrieve the data and eventually re-flash the chip if needed. Although, looking at the BDM100, it might work. It's one of the only SPI's I've found to include the RESET pins. The pinouts of the BDM100 show 3.3volts, but I need 5volts. Could I hook up the leads from the BDM100 and use a different power and ground source???
Bill
I've been searching and reading around the web, I was able to locate Fujitsu Programming Software for the MB91F011 MCU. Looking at the above photo, The pins include:
4 Grounds
2 +5 Volts
1 TX
1 RX
1 Reset
I'm still looking for Hardware that I can use to retrieve the data and eventually re-flash the chip if needed. Although, looking at the BDM100, it might work. It's one of the only SPI's I've found to include the RESET pins. The pinouts of the BDM100 show 3.3volts, but I need 5volts. Could I hook up the leads from the BDM100 and use a different power and ground source???
Bill
-
koolky
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2025 4:19 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I have the SPS cache files for a few BCM's that I'd like to play with. How do I decompress and assemble them?