PCM NVRAM

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gm-services
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:38 am
cars: 1961 Morris minor ute with L67 & T5
1994 Camaro CHP patrol car LT1 4L60E
2001 Skaife / Richards VX Bathurst winner tribute - LS1 & T56
Location: Napier , New Zealand

PCM NVRAM

Post by gm-services »

Hi there

I bought a PCM NVRAM from here a while ago

I have just got my dyno back up and running after Cyclone Gabrielle

I am trying to get real time tuning working with it

The test vehicle is my 1961 Morris Minor ute with L36 and T5

I am using the '0672 ecu

I am not getting any acknowledgement from TunerProRT

also vehicle is not starting with the NVRAM VS T5 calibration in it

It starts with the normal Memcal in it

Does the 0672 ecu use the VS or VT jumper position ?

Brad
Just Commodores Ltd
New Zealand
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM NVRAM

Post by antus »

You need one of the enhanced bins based on VS $51 viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518
You'll need to write it to the nvram in a programmer before it will talk over ALDL (assuming it is either corrupt or has something else on it now).
VS jumper is series 1 and 2 and VT jumper for series 3. I think that's a series 1 or 2 PCM because series 3 is an $A6 (VT) program, so VS jumpers for you.

If you are putting a T5 on an Auto computer, you need this hardware mod for VSS to work. viewtopic.php?p=15740#p15740
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396