Turbo buick tuning

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Turbo buick tuning

Post by vlad01 »

I might have one somewhere done on L67 injectors with about 13-14 psi on an SC14 somewhere on my main PC. It was built off the tune done for a similar combo that 202 did on a Gemini too, the car I did a remote tune up was also a Gem. I never touched the spark as 202 already had something decent on his tune, but I did do the VE and few other things plus the injector data and flow to suit the L67 injectors.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Turbo buick tuning

Post by immortality »

I just grabbed a tune from here,

viewtopic.php?t=375

This is a VN Turbo 2 bar tune. These are the VE tables.
12p_VN_Turbo_2bar_VE_Tables.png
You can see how the VE increases across the 2 maps, the first map is the n/a map and the 2nd the boost map. (note that the 100kpa column is the same in both tables)

These are the timing tables.
12p_VN_Turbo_2bar_Timing_Tables.png
You can see as boost increases times decreases.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vrturbo
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2025 9:43 am
cars: Vr commodore ute v6 turbo
Wb holden ute
Hz one tonner

Re: Turbo buick tuning

Post by Vrturbo »

Thanks mate thats exactly what i needed to know makes sense that it clips at 100 as i dont notice any difference when its over 100 ill just have to scale up my injector rate some more
Vrturbo
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2025 9:43 am
cars: Vr commodore ute v6 turbo
Wb holden ute
Hz one tonner

Re: Turbo buick tuning

Post by Vrturbo »

I will put that timing table in and see how i go what he has is a pretty similar setup to mine so should work well only thing is his injectors are smaller so ill have to modify the ve table a bit thanks for finding that for me turns out im useless at finding info on this site haha
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Turbo buick tuning

Post by Wade »

Don't you also need to change the baro update?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deuce
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:03 am
cars: TUF355

Re: Turbo buick tuning

Post by Deuce »

immortality wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 5:31 am I just grabbed a tune from here,

viewtopic.php?t=375

This is a VN Turbo 2 bar tune. These are the VE tables.
12p_VN_Turbo_2bar_VE_Tables.png

You can see how the VE increases across the 2 maps, the first map is the n/a map and the 2nd the boost map. (note that the 100kpa column is the same in both tables)

These are the timing tables.
12p_VN_Turbo_2bar_Timing_Tables.png

You can see as boost increases times decreases.
Would I be right to assume this tune is based on a 6400rpm redline?
I see that on boost it has no timing above 6400