Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
Should be easy enough to check. The return line should stop after the pump is switched off, if it does, then the check valve is probably bad in the pump. Around 15-10 years ago, most EFI pumps I went through the check valves all went to shit in short order. I am sure it was from the poor fuel quality of the time, but it may have also been from pumps being just shit quality all round at the time which made them fickle with fuel quality and contamination. Now days I had not had any issues with the valves leaking whatsoever. I did an autopsy on my daily's pump a few days ago when I replaced it preventatively at 137K and the valve was still good.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
So , Very dissapointed with the ebay FPR . I clamped the return line and primed system ,fuel pressure held a 3bar for a long time ..... Think i will dig out the original one and see what she does. There is nothing to these things makes me wonder why it doesnt work?
I didnt pay much for it but the time i think i have wasted with it kills me.
Chinese knock offs .. Some things you can get away with and some you cant! Took a picture of the inside ..
I didnt pay much for it but the time i think i have wasted with it kills me.
Chinese knock offs .. Some things you can get away with and some you cant! Took a picture of the inside ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinker on Thu Jan 01, 2026 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
Thats pretty conclusive that its leaking past the reg. I cant speak to the insides. But many years ago I had problems with a cheap one, and ended up going to a tuneing shop that diagnosed the reg and charged me for a genuine saard unit which cost a lot, and its been working since. I had forgotten that even happened. Other people have had luck with the clones. Like you say its risk and what's your time worth. These days I tend to go for the reseller companies that have cheaper brands but trusted brands none the less for fuel pumps and regs, over ebay for just this reason. Lately raceworks has been my go to brand. Not that I am a big shop or anything, just for my own car. So far so good with them on price and quality and via an australian online store.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Vrv8hz
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
I used the same type of ebay reg on my VL for a while and ended up machining up an aluminium block and mounting an oem bosch reg off a VR V6 instead. The ebay reg worked for a while but weren't consistent, the oem stuff works for decades.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
Yeah I stick to the OEM ones as well, Only has a few leak via the vac port, but most have lasted decades so far.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
So , I put the standard FPR on today, And my starts and overall running was a lot better. Problem is rb30 fuel pressure reg is only at 2bar so all other cals will be off. I will keep looking for a Good Brand name regulator . I am in no hurry ....
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
Been going over things ive done found this table in 12p . Injector delay table and is mostly empty.... is this correct or do i have a issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
It looks stock in the BLCD and APNX 6 Cyl 12P bins from the 12P zip. My guess would be something to do with stall saver maybe? Not sure. Not in the V8 but is in the V6 tunes.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
Might be something to do with manifold fuel looking at that. So a chance for the manifold fuel to be drawn in before the transient/AE is allowed to do it's thing, so assuming that, both aren't piling up together causing a rich stumble. You could note the value to put it back to default later, and try zeroing it out and see if that affects anything when applying throttle off idle. If it does, that's probably what it was for.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
I picked up a new/second hand FPR for $100 . Looks good no leaks . Hopefully ill get some time soon to test .Made in Australia ... i Like that !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Juckyard Dog Garage.