Car came back today to tune it.
Sadly 5th pull in either the bottom end or a lifter let go. ( next weeks problem to deal with now ).
On the bright side, that new XDF works perfect @Antus.
Cheers once again for sortong all that out!
VT V6 N/A XDF DTC's
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VT V6 N/A XDF DTC's
Well that's some good news at least. I'm sure it'll be a beast when its finished.
One of my side projects now is to write a point and click tool that takes an XDF for a commodore ALDL PCM and scans for those patterns and adds a DTC category and injects them all to suit the XDF. That should be easy to map them out in everything.
I also think there is a mistake in that one that I'll fix. DTC 93 was SNEF, which I had never heard of, and doing some searches I found something that said it was ESC. So I put that in to the above. But then I did some more searching and figured out SNEF is the name of the knock filtering circuit in the PCM. So SNEF is correct and it means the knock filter circuit. Probably not a common fault to mask, but FYI.
One of my side projects now is to write a point and click tool that takes an XDF for a commodore ALDL PCM and scans for those patterns and adds a DTC category and injects them all to suit the XDF. That should be easy to map them out in everything.
I also think there is a mistake in that one that I'll fix. DTC 93 was SNEF, which I had never heard of, and doing some searches I found something that said it was ESC. So I put that in to the above. But then I did some more searching and figured out SNEF is the name of the knock filtering circuit in the PCM. So SNEF is correct and it means the knock filter circuit. Probably not a common fault to mask, but FYI.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VT V6 N/A XDF DTC's
I've been working on this app to do this automatically, and I think I have it working. Need to do a little more testing, but it seems to have processed and worked on all of the enhanced XDFs. Should be able to provide some updates soon. It makes it pretty easy to click through the buttons from left to right and make the updates. It also handles existing DTC categories and adds there, or creates a new category, and warns if there are flags in an existing category and gives the option to proceed or stop, so the user can decide how they want to proceed and clean up dupes, either before or after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: VT V6 N/A XDF DTC's
That's bloody brilliant (to quote Ron Weasley).
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VT V6 N/A XDF DTC's
I've released the tool here: https://github.com/antuspcm/Commodore-A ... -DTC-adder
and put the new XDFs in a zip here viewtopic.php?p=136959#p136959
Hopefully they can be included in the next enhanced update. I've also used a different source for the names of the DTCs so they are longer and more descriptive.
The tool was an experiment, but if someone needs to do the same to an older XDF and can install python 3 and a couple of dependencies they can. This kind of thing is exactly what universal patcher is built for, but doing it this way was a fun experiment with current generation dev tools and AIs and I have learnt some ways to accelerate my software development from doing it this way, so worth it.
and put the new XDFs in a zip here viewtopic.php?p=136959#p136959
Hopefully they can be included in the next enhanced update. I've also used a different source for the names of the DTCs so they are longer and more descriptive.
The tool was an experiment, but if someone needs to do the same to an older XDF and can install python 3 and a couple of dependencies they can. This kind of thing is exactly what universal patcher is built for, but doing it this way was a fun experiment with current generation dev tools and AIs and I have learnt some ways to accelerate my software development from doing it this way, so worth it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396