VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
beeradoc
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:50 am
cars: 67 Chevy C10
12 E3 HSV

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by beeradoc »

HOLDE_N wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:38 pm Holle everyone
I have holden ve 2007 v6 LEO series 1, I bought Series 1 Black back plastic cluster when I start engine, the ABS is Lighting, my original cluster is Series 1 White back plastic.
So I need a file (bin) to reprogramming the eeprom
Series 1 white back and series 1 black back are different manufacturers, as far as I am aware they are not interchangable. The eeproms are different so data can not be changed directly from one to the other.

Also if the cluster is from a different specd vehicle you will get a vehicle config fault in the Abs, the cluster config for eng,trans,esp type etc need to match the rest of the car
HOLDE_N
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:35 pm
cars: holden omega 2007 v6 leo auto

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by HOLDE_N »

I know, last year I installed (series 2 cluster) on holden caprice 2006 v8
I get same problem and i reprogrammed the cluster and it's work
the v6 sys is extremely complex, so I will try
if any one know abuot this problem, Don't be stingy with us
Madchuska
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:20 pm
cars: Holden

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by Madchuska »

There seems to be a little info here but not a great deal on Series 2 IQ radio/head unit programming.

I can see it has a 24C64 EEPROM and have successfully performed reads but cant seem to write to it.

Has anyone had success here?
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by radrace19 »

Madchuska wrote: Sat Jan 31, 2026 6:25 am There seems to be a little info here but not a great deal on Series 2 IQ radio/head unit programming.

I can see it has a 24C64 EEPROM and have successfully performed reads but cant seem to write to it.

Has anyone had success here?
To program the eeprom on tha iq radio (silver box) I had to power the radio.
Madchuska
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:20 pm
cars: Holden

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by Madchuska »

radrace19 wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2026 1:21 am
To program the eeprom on tha iq radio (silver box) I had to power the radio.
Awesome, thanks will give that a go.
Do you have any notes on byte offsets for other functions or even a copy of any other bins that you'd be willing to share?
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by radrace19 »

Madchuska wrote: Wed Feb 04, 2026 7:23 am
radrace19 wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2026 1:21 am
To program the eeprom on tha iq radio (silver box) I had to power the radio.
Awesome, thanks will give that a go.
Do you have any notes on byte offsets for other functions or even a copy of any other bins that you'd be willing to share?
eeprom location 0x70 should be the boot logo.
00 - Holden, 01 - Chevy, 02 - HSV

It has been a while, but I think the color background (Blue or Red) dictates which start logos work.
JT3995
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2026 8:41 am
cars: VE, VU

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by JT3995 »

Hi is there anyone who might be able to help me with a series 2 dash, i changed the cluster and i now have odometer error displayed. i thought i changed all the right memory locations
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by radrace19 »

JT3995 wrote: Sun Feb 22, 2026 4:59 am Hi is there anyone who might be able to help me with a series 2 dash, i changed the cluster and i now have odometer error displayed. i thought i changed all the right memory locations
Did you correct the VIN?
JT3995
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2026 8:41 am
cars: VE, VU

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by JT3995 »

radrace19 wrote: Tue Feb 24, 2026 1:14 am
JT3995 wrote: Sun Feb 22, 2026 4:59 am Hi is there anyone who might be able to help me with a series 2 dash, i changed the cluster and i now have odometer error displayed. i thought i changed all the right memory locations
Did you correct the VIN?
Yeah vin is correct
Madchuska
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:20 pm
cars: Holden

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by Madchuska »

JT3995 wrote: Tue Feb 24, 2026 7:25 am Yeah vin is correct
Did you manipulate the ODO?