I was going to stay out of this, but I want to share my perspective.
I understand the intent here, but I don’t believe AI is anywhere near capable of reliably generating or validating ECU code patches. More importantly, presenting AI-generated material in this context feels undermining, and frankly insulting, to the people who’ve spent years learning this manually, often through trial, failure, reverse engineering, and very limited documentation.
This is hard, specialized work for a reason. That difficulty is part of what gives the knowledge its value. Trying to flatten it into something “easy” or AI-produced doesn’t just miss the point, it diminishes the real effort, experience, and understanding that people have invested to get here.
On top of that, AI doesn’t create new understanding, it only reflects what already exists, and it struggles badly outside of well-defined problems. If we still have trouble getting something as simple as spark cut working correctly through careful human collaboration, I don’t see how AI output can be treated as anything more than speculative at and misdirected at best.
I can appreciate the goal of sharing information, but in practice this kind of content doesn’t meaningfully help newcomers and adds little for experienced people. What it does do is create false confidence and blur the line between real, earned knowledge and generated guesses. That’s dangerous territory, especially when dealing with volatile, safety-critical systems like ECUs.
I’m not looking to debate this, just explaining why this approach doesn’t sit right with me, and likely with others as well.
Not to say I don't believe in AI, but I believe AI really works best when you have a solid foundation and understanding on what you are asking it to do.
I had a recent "argument" with ChatGPT over the difference between mfspr and mflr opcodes in PPC. It confidently insisted they were the same and that my compiler was wrong. When I rephrased the question slightly, it suddenly produced the correct bytes for what I was asking. The only reason that didn’t lead me astray is because I already knew the answer. If I hadn’t, I would’ve trusted it, and that’s exactly the problem.
Can't trust something like that to be researching and writing patches like this, at least not yet.
I was only writing a code cave patch for a video game mod, so at worst the game crashes if it's wrong, not the same for an ECU.
AI: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
-
Chr0m3
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
- cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2
-
KingAustraliaggGG
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2024 2:19 pm
- cars: 323i 1999 e46 sedan m52tub25 ms42 hx35w
328ci 1999 e46 coupe m52tub28 ms42
vy 2002 holden wagon executive l67 bottom end/36 top swap corn fed boost manifold ex44 external turbo hx40 holset
vs holden sedan turbo gt3582r
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
I hear you, and honestly you're right about a lot of this. I personally want to know why and how things don't or do work, not just blackbox.
I've realised these ECUs are hard. I understand Python but I'm not an expert and I didn't work for Delco. I'm using AI to compress time. It hasn't replaced my coding skills, it's sped them up. Debugging code and "vibe coding" is now a thing. In an RE sense this lets you look at something and copy it, with difficulty and debugging lengths varying on size and project type. Hardware connecting, CAN bus sniffing, Arduino code, ESP32 code, all getting made with AI assistance now, hence why they have AI flying jets and controlling Tesla robots.
ChatGPT free and even paid GPT 5.2 in that app is useless. It doesn't have the context level capable of understanding even small things. I use VS Code in agent mode with Claude Opus. Give that a try with GitHub Premium and see how it goes. You would have the stuff it needs to actually do this right. My sources are just the XDF and the 68HC11 reference material I found on GitHub.
The v38/v39 patches I posted had bugs. Branch offsets were wrong, and I was overwriting the A register which held the period value before the STD. The AI didn't catch that. I caught it after comparing disassembly outputs and realizing the LDAA $A2 was destroying data I needed to preserve. Took me two weeks of write, flash, fail, debug loops to figure that out.
Your PPC opcode example is exactly what happened to me. AI confidently told me branch offsets were fine when they landed mid instruction. Told me the period injection would work when I was actually storing garbage to $194C because A got overwritten. I only caught these because I kept cross checking with udis and my own disassembler, and because the car didn't do what it was supposed to.
To be clear I use AI heavily. I have VS Code in agent mode where I can say "run this script" and it executes in the terminal instead of me copy pasting commands and pressing enter, I also have offline models working 24/7 on random projects unrelated. It writes Python scripts, PowerShell scripts, does bit and binary checking, generates the ASM, all of it just off a few word inputs or a file path can act like a human and use the web like a human. But I also built a batch disassembler that runs alongside udis86 for double validation, so it can use them both just like I could. I've worked with AI for a few years now and I have my own trained models. Opus Claude is about the same but it's faster than my CPU and GPU based agentic AI software that uses my hardware not cloud. Every patch gets disassembled by both tools and compared. When they disagree, I know something is wrong. When they agree but the car doesn't work, I know the logic is wrong even if the opcodes are correct. The AI writes the code fast but I still have to validate the output against multiple sources.
What I've learned: branch offsets wrong, A register destroyed. I then tried to fix branches, but A register was still destroyed when I looked at the code. Then I added PSHA at entry, PULA before STD to preserve A.
That last fix came from me reading through what the D register contains at the hook point using my disassembler alongside AI. The car runs with no DTCs yet, but the fix wasn't AI's suggestion. AI helped me write the bytes once I knew what was wrong, but it didn't find the bug itself. I have agentic AI that can run for hours without human input, but I still have to triple check everything because of exactly this. Whether that makes the process longer or shorter is up for debate. I've been researching since November 2025 so it's been a fairly short time.
I'm not claiming this is a finished product. Haven't even flashed v40 yet. Still need to test on the car. The 3000 RPM version is specifically so I can validate in park. If it works, I'll post results. If it doesn't, I'll post what went wrong and why if I work it out.
You and The1 did the actual research that makes any of this possible. I'm just trying to port your period injection concept to my VY V6, and I'm documenting my failures along the way so maybe the next person doesn't make the same mistakes.
Beyond the spark cut patch, I've also been doing binary analysis to understand how other platforms implement spark cut. Analyzed the OSE 11P firmware which has a two-stage progressive limiter built in. Their method is different from Chr0m3's dwell starvation. OSE uses a soft zone where it retards timing by about 6 degrees starting 150 RPM below the hard cut threshold, then activates fuel and spark cut at the upper limit. The enable flags are at 0x6004 bit 5 for Econ mode and 0x6069 bit 5 for Power mode. Without those flags set, the RPM thresholds do nothing. The hard cut RPM lives at 0x60B9 for Econ and 0x60C0 for Power. OSE also has speed limiters at 0x62BE and 0x62BF for 210/220 KPH. Important distinction: OSE 12P cannot do spark cut because it has a hardware timer IC that fires spark automatically with the last timing it was given. OSE 11P moved spark control onto the main CPU so software can actually disable it.
Also compared The1's v1.1a Enhanced binary against v1.0a to understand his spark cut implementation. 269 bytes changed between versions. His method is completely different from mine. I'm using Chr0m3's 3X period injection concept where you hook the TIC3 ISR at file offset 0x101E1 and inject a fake period value that produces ~100 microsecond dwell. The1's code hooks at file offset 0x056F4 and his spark cut logic lives at 0x17D84 in the banked ROM area. He has an XDF parameter at 0x78B2 for tunable RPM threshold. His approach appears to manipulate EST control directly through $149E rather than starving dwell through period manipulation. Different methods, same goal. I developed mine independently based on forum posts and Facebook chats first without seeing The1's code until after I had 38 AI-generated versions already written. I wasn't given the addresses, I had to find them. Just got told how spark cut works basically, other than what's in the XDF 2.09a.
The key thing about comparing different implementations is it validates the concept is sound even when the specific approach differs. VL400 did it one way for OSE 11P (software-controlled progressive limiter), The1 did it another way for v1.1a (direct EST manipulation), and I'm trying to port Chr0m3's period injection concept to the VY V6 platform. All three work on the same principle: the 424-family ECUs have software control over spark timing, unlike the 808-family where hardware fires anyway. Different OSIDs and PCMs but similar concepts to the 060A 445 flash PCM.
The mechanics of why 3X period injection works: the stock dwell calculation uses the 3X period value to compute coil charge time. If you inject a huge fake period (like 16000 counts), the dwell calculation produces around 100 microseconds which isn't enough to charge the coil. No charge means no spark. The 8-bit RPM limitation comes from RAM $00A2 which stores RPM with X×25 scaling, so max value 255 gives 6375 RPM ceiling. My v40 test patch uses 120 (3000 RPM) with 100 RPM hysteresis (4 counts) to prevent bouncing at threshold. The handler lives at $C500 which is unused space in the stock bin. Just keep coming up against minor offset errors now. Would be good to work together on this stuff to get it done faster and more accurately. There could be multiple methods that work, no one really knows for sure.
again the TunerPro exporter I wrote actually works and solved a real bug that Mark Mansur then fixed in the update for TunerPro itself. The table data extraction was failing on certain XDF formats and I tracked down why. That's not AI slop, that's actual debugging and testing with real files. Same approach I'm taking with the ASM patches. Write it, test it, find what's broken, fix it, repeat, until it works. AI is just a tool to speed up the writing part, not the testing or debugging. But I can tell it to run a script on my PC so in theory it's doing some of the work, but is only as good as the tools it uses like a human basically. If the tools aren't accurate it's gonna spit garbage.
Also looked into XDF axis linking for the v2.09a XDF. Searched the entire 128KB binary for axis breakpoint patterns. The VY V6 uses mostly hardcoded axis indices in the OS code, not calibratable breakpoints like MS42/MS43. Only found 2 real axis arrays in the binary: 0x75F9 is a 12-cell RPM axis (200-2400 RPM, linear 200 RPM steps, used for idle control) and 0x7846 is a 16-cell nonlinear RPM axis (400-5350 RPM, used for high-speed tables). The 17-cell axes used by the main spark tables (CYLAIR50, TPS%, temperature) are not in the binary at all. They're computed at runtime from sensor ADC values or hardcoded in the OS. This means the MS4x-style embedinfo linking I wanted where you change one axis and all linked tables update won't fully work on VY V6. You can still use embedinfo for consistency between tables sharing the same LABEL values, but those axes won't be editable in the binary. Different ECU architecture, different approach needed.
Fair criticism. I'll keep the bins off here and GitHub until we or I have something that actually works on the car. When v40 gets flashed and tested I'll post a video showing whether it works or not. No point hiding failures, that's how others learn what not to do.
People have been working on this stuff for over 12 years now. VL400 and others made custom OSE back then with nothing but hex editors, logic analyzers, and pure determination. Technology has come a long way since then. Things that took years now take a lot less time because of AI tools.
AI is in everything now. Phones, cars, planes, industrial automation. Anduril and Shield AI are flying autonomous drones and fighter jets using offline neural networks that don't need internet. Tesla's Optimus robots use end-to-end AI trained on real-world sensor data. BMW's Spartanburg plant uses Figure 02 humanoid robots running on their Helix vision-language-action model, completely offline. Even speed cameras now use LoRa networks and edge AI for real-time plate recognition. Computer vision models are getting to the point where they can read sensor data, CAN bus traffic, and machine code all at once. That's all 6 months ago news. It's come a long way since then too. Don't go off ChatGPT, it's useless as an app. Use it as an API to get real results, enterprise grade.
The next logical step is physical AI that can understand ECU data in real-time. That's what my company is trying to work out - AI and live tuning combined so you don't need a passenger with a laptop. I don't have friends that can tune lol, and I don't trust someone's foot in my car while I'm in the passenger seat. Dyno is over an hour drive away with a 3+ month wait. If I could get Moates hardware into my ECU, I can get the AI to use my tuning software to tune my car for me based on the knowledge I've trained it on. Not as simple as it sounds though.
Autonomous tuning that can flash OEM ECUs and adapt on the fly based on logs and knock - Haltech and other aftermarket ECUs have had AI/ML autotuners for years now. It's all under the AI umbrella. LLMs are getting better at code but ML has been part of everyday life privately for a long time. The challenge is getting it trained perfectly on this specific domain - 30 year old Delco ECU assembly code isn't exactly in the training data. We're not there yet but it's coming.
I've realised these ECUs are hard. I understand Python but I'm not an expert and I didn't work for Delco. I'm using AI to compress time. It hasn't replaced my coding skills, it's sped them up. Debugging code and "vibe coding" is now a thing. In an RE sense this lets you look at something and copy it, with difficulty and debugging lengths varying on size and project type. Hardware connecting, CAN bus sniffing, Arduino code, ESP32 code, all getting made with AI assistance now, hence why they have AI flying jets and controlling Tesla robots.
ChatGPT free and even paid GPT 5.2 in that app is useless. It doesn't have the context level capable of understanding even small things. I use VS Code in agent mode with Claude Opus. Give that a try with GitHub Premium and see how it goes. You would have the stuff it needs to actually do this right. My sources are just the XDF and the 68HC11 reference material I found on GitHub.
The v38/v39 patches I posted had bugs. Branch offsets were wrong, and I was overwriting the A register which held the period value before the STD. The AI didn't catch that. I caught it after comparing disassembly outputs and realizing the LDAA $A2 was destroying data I needed to preserve. Took me two weeks of write, flash, fail, debug loops to figure that out.
Your PPC opcode example is exactly what happened to me. AI confidently told me branch offsets were fine when they landed mid instruction. Told me the period injection would work when I was actually storing garbage to $194C because A got overwritten. I only caught these because I kept cross checking with udis and my own disassembler, and because the car didn't do what it was supposed to.
To be clear I use AI heavily. I have VS Code in agent mode where I can say "run this script" and it executes in the terminal instead of me copy pasting commands and pressing enter, I also have offline models working 24/7 on random projects unrelated. It writes Python scripts, PowerShell scripts, does bit and binary checking, generates the ASM, all of it just off a few word inputs or a file path can act like a human and use the web like a human. But I also built a batch disassembler that runs alongside udis86 for double validation, so it can use them both just like I could. I've worked with AI for a few years now and I have my own trained models. Opus Claude is about the same but it's faster than my CPU and GPU based agentic AI software that uses my hardware not cloud. Every patch gets disassembled by both tools and compared. When they disagree, I know something is wrong. When they agree but the car doesn't work, I know the logic is wrong even if the opcodes are correct. The AI writes the code fast but I still have to validate the output against multiple sources.
What I've learned: branch offsets wrong, A register destroyed. I then tried to fix branches, but A register was still destroyed when I looked at the code. Then I added PSHA at entry, PULA before STD to preserve A.
That last fix came from me reading through what the D register contains at the hook point using my disassembler alongside AI. The car runs with no DTCs yet, but the fix wasn't AI's suggestion. AI helped me write the bytes once I knew what was wrong, but it didn't find the bug itself. I have agentic AI that can run for hours without human input, but I still have to triple check everything because of exactly this. Whether that makes the process longer or shorter is up for debate. I've been researching since November 2025 so it's been a fairly short time.
I'm not claiming this is a finished product. Haven't even flashed v40 yet. Still need to test on the car. The 3000 RPM version is specifically so I can validate in park. If it works, I'll post results. If it doesn't, I'll post what went wrong and why if I work it out.
You and The1 did the actual research that makes any of this possible. I'm just trying to port your period injection concept to my VY V6, and I'm documenting my failures along the way so maybe the next person doesn't make the same mistakes.
Beyond the spark cut patch, I've also been doing binary analysis to understand how other platforms implement spark cut. Analyzed the OSE 11P firmware which has a two-stage progressive limiter built in. Their method is different from Chr0m3's dwell starvation. OSE uses a soft zone where it retards timing by about 6 degrees starting 150 RPM below the hard cut threshold, then activates fuel and spark cut at the upper limit. The enable flags are at 0x6004 bit 5 for Econ mode and 0x6069 bit 5 for Power mode. Without those flags set, the RPM thresholds do nothing. The hard cut RPM lives at 0x60B9 for Econ and 0x60C0 for Power. OSE also has speed limiters at 0x62BE and 0x62BF for 210/220 KPH. Important distinction: OSE 12P cannot do spark cut because it has a hardware timer IC that fires spark automatically with the last timing it was given. OSE 11P moved spark control onto the main CPU so software can actually disable it.
Also compared The1's v1.1a Enhanced binary against v1.0a to understand his spark cut implementation. 269 bytes changed between versions. His method is completely different from mine. I'm using Chr0m3's 3X period injection concept where you hook the TIC3 ISR at file offset 0x101E1 and inject a fake period value that produces ~100 microsecond dwell. The1's code hooks at file offset 0x056F4 and his spark cut logic lives at 0x17D84 in the banked ROM area. He has an XDF parameter at 0x78B2 for tunable RPM threshold. His approach appears to manipulate EST control directly through $149E rather than starving dwell through period manipulation. Different methods, same goal. I developed mine independently based on forum posts and Facebook chats first without seeing The1's code until after I had 38 AI-generated versions already written. I wasn't given the addresses, I had to find them. Just got told how spark cut works basically, other than what's in the XDF 2.09a.
The key thing about comparing different implementations is it validates the concept is sound even when the specific approach differs. VL400 did it one way for OSE 11P (software-controlled progressive limiter), The1 did it another way for v1.1a (direct EST manipulation), and I'm trying to port Chr0m3's period injection concept to the VY V6 platform. All three work on the same principle: the 424-family ECUs have software control over spark timing, unlike the 808-family where hardware fires anyway. Different OSIDs and PCMs but similar concepts to the 060A 445 flash PCM.
The mechanics of why 3X period injection works: the stock dwell calculation uses the 3X period value to compute coil charge time. If you inject a huge fake period (like 16000 counts), the dwell calculation produces around 100 microseconds which isn't enough to charge the coil. No charge means no spark. The 8-bit RPM limitation comes from RAM $00A2 which stores RPM with X×25 scaling, so max value 255 gives 6375 RPM ceiling. My v40 test patch uses 120 (3000 RPM) with 100 RPM hysteresis (4 counts) to prevent bouncing at threshold. The handler lives at $C500 which is unused space in the stock bin. Just keep coming up against minor offset errors now. Would be good to work together on this stuff to get it done faster and more accurately. There could be multiple methods that work, no one really knows for sure.
again the TunerPro exporter I wrote actually works and solved a real bug that Mark Mansur then fixed in the update for TunerPro itself. The table data extraction was failing on certain XDF formats and I tracked down why. That's not AI slop, that's actual debugging and testing with real files. Same approach I'm taking with the ASM patches. Write it, test it, find what's broken, fix it, repeat, until it works. AI is just a tool to speed up the writing part, not the testing or debugging. But I can tell it to run a script on my PC so in theory it's doing some of the work, but is only as good as the tools it uses like a human basically. If the tools aren't accurate it's gonna spit garbage.
Also looked into XDF axis linking for the v2.09a XDF. Searched the entire 128KB binary for axis breakpoint patterns. The VY V6 uses mostly hardcoded axis indices in the OS code, not calibratable breakpoints like MS42/MS43. Only found 2 real axis arrays in the binary: 0x75F9 is a 12-cell RPM axis (200-2400 RPM, linear 200 RPM steps, used for idle control) and 0x7846 is a 16-cell nonlinear RPM axis (400-5350 RPM, used for high-speed tables). The 17-cell axes used by the main spark tables (CYLAIR50, TPS%, temperature) are not in the binary at all. They're computed at runtime from sensor ADC values or hardcoded in the OS. This means the MS4x-style embedinfo linking I wanted where you change one axis and all linked tables update won't fully work on VY V6. You can still use embedinfo for consistency between tables sharing the same LABEL values, but those axes won't be editable in the binary. Different ECU architecture, different approach needed.
Fair criticism. I'll keep the bins off here and GitHub until we or I have something that actually works on the car. When v40 gets flashed and tested I'll post a video showing whether it works or not. No point hiding failures, that's how others learn what not to do.
People have been working on this stuff for over 12 years now. VL400 and others made custom OSE back then with nothing but hex editors, logic analyzers, and pure determination. Technology has come a long way since then. Things that took years now take a lot less time because of AI tools.
AI is in everything now. Phones, cars, planes, industrial automation. Anduril and Shield AI are flying autonomous drones and fighter jets using offline neural networks that don't need internet. Tesla's Optimus robots use end-to-end AI trained on real-world sensor data. BMW's Spartanburg plant uses Figure 02 humanoid robots running on their Helix vision-language-action model, completely offline. Even speed cameras now use LoRa networks and edge AI for real-time plate recognition. Computer vision models are getting to the point where they can read sensor data, CAN bus traffic, and machine code all at once. That's all 6 months ago news. It's come a long way since then too. Don't go off ChatGPT, it's useless as an app. Use it as an API to get real results, enterprise grade.
The next logical step is physical AI that can understand ECU data in real-time. That's what my company is trying to work out - AI and live tuning combined so you don't need a passenger with a laptop. I don't have friends that can tune lol, and I don't trust someone's foot in my car while I'm in the passenger seat. Dyno is over an hour drive away with a 3+ month wait. If I could get Moates hardware into my ECU, I can get the AI to use my tuning software to tune my car for me based on the knowledge I've trained it on. Not as simple as it sounds though.
Autonomous tuning that can flash OEM ECUs and adapt on the fly based on logs and knock - Haltech and other aftermarket ECUs have had AI/ML autotuners for years now. It's all under the AI umbrella. LLMs are getting better at code but ML has been part of everyday life privately for a long time. The challenge is getting it trained perfectly on this specific domain - 30 year old Delco ECU assembly code isn't exactly in the training data. We're not there yet but it's coming.
-
KingAustraliaggGG
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2024 2:19 pm
- cars: 323i 1999 e46 sedan m52tub25 ms42 hx35w
328ci 1999 e46 coupe m52tub28 ms42
vy 2002 holden wagon executive l67 bottom end/36 top swap corn fed boost manifold ex44 external turbo hx40 holset
vs holden sedan turbo gt3582r
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
The AI is terrible at actual low level assembly correctness, counting bytes accurately, understanding hardware timing, knowing when it's wrong and anything that requires precise bit/byte math, even when it has access to the whole computers files and can use software. Scripts are scripts, so there not the ai itself it can just run them which accelerates things.Chr0m3 wrote: Wed Feb 04, 2026 9:03 am
On top of that, AI doesn’t create new understanding, it only reflects what already exists, and it struggles badly outside of well-defined problems. If we still have trouble getting something as simple as spark cut working correctly through careful human collaboration, I don’t see how AI output can be treated as anything more than speculative at and misdirected at best.
it creates new wrong understandings
68HC11 opcodes are barely documented online. The AI is pattern matching against whatever scraps it saw, and most of that is probably wrong or incomplete. It needs a human who can look at the disassembly output and say, that's wrong, fix it. pdfs especially image based ones so it cant actually scrape them without converting or ocr tools or a human doing that for them. chatgpt models definetly dont have this in there neural nets
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
The AI can replicate what is well known, can repeat what has been done. Maybe can logic something new together to a point. But it cant know how chips work with no documentation and cant create new and unknown insights that you can after you try and test new theories in the real world to cover new ground.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
Lol. I hope everyone else can see this as well, but why tf do you have to keep posting AI slop responses.
No one wants to read them - they don't make any sense.
Here's a perfect example for you latest 21 paragraph slop response:
How am I so sure?
You have said yourself you don't even know how to load a file to create a disassembly:
And you have also said (3 days ago, a lot less than 2 weeks ago) you don't have capability to flash the PCM yourself:
If we are going to post up untested unverified AI generated code, can we at least talk about them by typing posts in the forum with our own 2 hands? If I wanted to have a conversation with a AI chatbot I would go and see an AI bot, and I surely wouldn't be wasting my time talking about this.
At some point people are going to get sick of calling out the slop, start ignoring it, and you'll keep posting it up.
And then sometime in the future someone who is only starting out or doesn't have much experience is going to come along and think it is legitimate, and get led down the garden path wasting hours and hours on this crap.
Or the AI bots are going to crawl this site again, see it all, and train themselves to be even dumber.
No one wants to read them - they don't make any sense.
Here's a perfect example for you latest 21 paragraph slop response:
That is BS. You did not catch anything from the disassembly. And you definitely did not spend 2 weeks test flashing anything. This is a made up story chatGPT or claude wrote for you to try and make you sound like you know what you're talking about.KingAustraliaggGG wrote: Wed Feb 04, 2026 12:02 pm The v38/v39 patches I posted had bugs. Branch offsets were wrong, and I was overwriting the A register which held the period value before the STD. The AI didn't catch that. I caught it after comparing disassembly outputs and realizing the LDAA $A2 was destroying data I needed to preserve. Took me two weeks of write, flash, fail, debug loops to figure that out.
How am I so sure?
You have said yourself you don't even know how to load a file to create a disassembly:
KingAustraliaggGG wrote: Sat Jan 17, 2026 4:56 pm can you explain how to set it up to work. $0000 cpu offsets or do i use the offset for the xdf calibration?
And you have also said (3 days ago, a lot less than 2 weeks ago) you don't have capability to flash the PCM yourself:
KingAustraliaggGG wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2026 9:01 am if anyone has a benchsetup and a vy pcm can you please let me know how this goes. or if its a complete failure thankyou.
i dont have a oscillator or bench for vy flashable pcms yet.
i live out woop woop so shipping is slow asf let me know
If we are going to post up untested unverified AI generated code, can we at least talk about them by typing posts in the forum with our own 2 hands? If I wanted to have a conversation with a AI chatbot I would go and see an AI bot, and I surely wouldn't be wasting my time talking about this.
At some point people are going to get sick of calling out the slop, start ignoring it, and you'll keep posting it up.
And then sometime in the future someone who is only starting out or doesn't have much experience is going to come along and think it is legitimate, and get led down the garden path wasting hours and hours on this crap.
Or the AI bots are going to crawl this site again, see it all, and train themselves to be even dumber.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
We have passed the point where anything AI posted online should be clearly flagged as AI to prevent real people been misled.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
agree
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
So true, when I am talking to AI I ask it to provide sources for the information so that I can verify it. It often quotes this site. So if it starts giving the wrong answers and quoting your threads that is damaging to the reputation of the site. We try to keep things pretty real on the site, but humans giving time for free cant keep up with the quantity of AI crap if we start going that way. Its a common problem in the world now. A lot of open source products are having this. I have seen security researchers also complaining about how much of their own time is wasted from people posting up security vulnerabilities and POC code that look real but turn out to be completely fake. The cost of time wasted is huge.And then sometime in the future someone who is only starting out or doesn't have much experience is going to come along and think it is legitimate, and get led down the garden path wasting hours and hours on this crap.
Or the AI bots are going to crawl this site again, see it all, and train themselves to be even dumber.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
Exactly all this, like I was pointing out above.pman92 wrote: Wed Feb 04, 2026 9:00 pm Lol. I hope everyone else can see this as well, but why tf do you have to keep posting AI slop responses.
No one wants to read them - they don't make any sense.
Here's a perfect example for you latest 21 paragraph slop response:That is BS. You did not catch anything from the disassembly. And you definitely did not spend 2 weeks test flashing anything. This is a made up story chatGPT or claude wrote for you to try and make you sound like you know what you're talking about.KingAustraliaggGG wrote: Wed Feb 04, 2026 12:02 pm The v38/v39 patches I posted had bugs. Branch offsets were wrong, and I was overwriting the A register which held the period value before the STD. The AI didn't catch that. I caught it after comparing disassembly outputs and realizing the LDAA $A2 was destroying data I needed to preserve. Took me two weeks of write, flash, fail, debug loops to figure that out.
How am I so sure?
You have said yourself you don't even know how to load a file to create a disassembly:KingAustraliaggGG wrote: Sat Jan 17, 2026 4:56 pm can you explain how to set it up to work. $0000 cpu offsets or do i use the offset for the xdf calibration?
And you have also said (3 days ago, a lot less than 2 weeks ago) you don't have capability to flash the PCM yourself:KingAustraliaggGG wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2026 9:01 am if anyone has a benchsetup and a vy pcm can you please let me know how this goes. or if its a complete failure thankyou.
i dont have a oscillator or bench for vy flashable pcms yet.
i live out woop woop so shipping is slow asf let me know
If we are going to post up untested unverified AI generated code, can we at least talk about them by typing posts in the forum with our own 2 hands? If I wanted to have a conversation with a AI chatbot I would go and see an AI bot, and I surely wouldn't be wasting my time talking about this.
At some point people are going to get sick of calling out the slop, start ignoring it, and you'll keep posting it up.
And then sometime in the future someone who is only starting out or doesn't have much experience is going to come along and think it is legitimate, and get led down the garden path wasting hours and hours on this crap.
Or the AI bots are going to crawl this site again, see it all, and train themselves to be even dumber.
Glad I'm not the only one who see's it and for a change I'm not the "bad guy" for pointing it out alone.
I am fucking sick to death of this platform getting a bad name & it's bullshit like this that contributes to it.
Embarrasaed us again all over facebook as well as here...
I will say this one last time.
Keep that fucking Ai bullshit & Ai generated responses away from this shit.
It doesn't make you look smart, in turn it makes you look like a fucking dumb kunt who has figured out ctrl + c , ctrl + v.
I would hate to be a new comer finding these forums and taking this crap as gospel.
I hope a Tiktok tuner grabs it and owes people a lot of motors tho... lol
Scrap anything Ai has told you, start from scratch and fucking verify every single little bit of anything before you publically spam shit.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public
What are you referring to?I am fucking sick to death of this platform getting a bad name & it's bullshit like this that contributes to it.
Embarrasaed us again all over facebook as well as here...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
