AI: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

Post by pman92 »

immortality wrote: Wed Feb 04, 2026 9:19 pm We have passed the point where anything AI posted online should be clearly flagged as AI to prevent real people been misled.
This is 100% the answer.

I understand AI is a great tool and I've learnt so much and done things I definitely wouldn't of been able to otherwise having it at my disposal.
But of all the stuff I've learnt, the biggest thing is DO NOT TRUST anything it spits out without verifying and understanding what it's doing yourself.

Maybe there is a way to put a "AI" tag on posts or something Antus?
Or create a seperate forum / section here dedicated to AI stuff - and require that it all goes in there.
Rhysk94 wrote: Wed Feb 04, 2026 10:40 pm Exactly all this, like I was pointing out above.
Glad I'm not the only one who see's it and for a change I'm not the "bad guy" for pointing it out alone.
As I've said in my previous replies, this forum is about the last place online I know of that hasn't been corrupted by it yet.
I guess it was bound to happen eventually and this topic seems to be the first I've really seen.
But hopefully it can be managed properly so that it doesn't get to the point myself and others stop coming here to read every day, like I have been for the last 10 years or more.
User avatar
Chr0m3
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2

Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

Post by Chr0m3 »

Perhaps we shut this topic down and I release all my patches and research. I’m happy to support learning or collaboration if there’s genuine interest, but the key question is who this will realistically serve. If that can’t be answered, the thread is moot.

I’m not claiming to be the only person who understands this area, but I am the only one with a proven, decent working spark-cut on the IPCM6 platform. I’m fine with releasing everything, frankly, I’m tired of being asked about it daily, and my time is extremely limited these days.
If we can’t clearly articulate how useful the code and information will be, then perhaps it’s best to let those who are already close take it the rest of the way, or at least as far as they reasonably can.

If I release at this point, it's code / patches and explanations only, because I don't believe it's all the way there and I won't release an unfinished bin, bin only comes if I actually get it working as good as I'd like.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

Post by antus »

This is a good watch to explain the problem with AI slop for anyone who is not across it yet. It's technical but a pretty clear explanation and example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy-u1evNmVo

I just added AI to the title of the first post, that's all we can do for now to tag the thread.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

Post by immortality »

antus wrote: Thu Feb 05, 2026 2:00 am This is a good watch to explain the problem with AI slop for anyone who is not across it yet. It's technical but a pretty clear explanation and example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy-u1evNmVo
I believe I saw something in MSM about the above video.

Whenever some new tool is developed (because AI is a tool) than you can be certain of one thing, malicious use of said tool will be forthcoming.
KingAustraliaggGG
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2024 2:19 pm
cars: 323i 1999 e46 sedan m52tub25 ms42 hx35w
328ci 1999 e46 coupe m52tub28 ms42
vy 2002 holden wagon executive l67 bottom end/36 top swap corn fed boost manifold ex44 external turbo hx40 holset
vs holden sedan turbo gt3582r

Re: AI: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

Post by KingAustraliaggGG »

plot twist i am a AI
KingAustraliaggGG
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2024 2:19 pm
cars: 323i 1999 e46 sedan m52tub25 ms42 hx35w
328ci 1999 e46 coupe m52tub28 ms42
vy 2002 holden wagon executive l67 bottom end/36 top swap corn fed boost manifold ex44 external turbo hx40 holset
vs holden sedan turbo gt3582r

Re: AI: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

Post by KingAustraliaggGG »

pman92 you misread. I said I don't have a bench setup, not that I can't flash. I've done 20+ full enhanced bin writes in-car, never had a failure. Got 4 PCMs on the floor of my car right now. I use a balance charger. Different method to what you recommend, same result.

I'm used to doing full OS writes when I patch, not just cal writes. even just for immo off and checksum bypasses sometimes things can only be programmed in a full read on other ecus, i have xdfs that apply patchs to my full reads, they call the padded cal read a partial read in other flash tools, i have to physically ground a pin as you connect to the flashing software galleto 1260, you might have done this before yourself, on different platforms before this. This isn't my first rodeo, I have a lab setup for other stuff too. i have european bench setup for european ecus. it would take me fuck all to make a setup up for bench flashing. just conflicting info on here across multiple topics. and especially with hardware stuff if it fucks up a pinout on a arduino/esp code. you get magic smoke already had that happen, again i flash in car and can send video after video of full reads and writes, partial/cal reads and writes are only for tuning the calibration area. i keep seeing people say it bricks when they flash just a enhanced bin in car. are they using a balance charger at over 13.5v. sometimes i dont even use the balance charger and my battey is at 12.4v and it works, dont breath when you flash is the trick lol,

the disassembly question was about CPU offsets vs XDF offsets for loading the file correctly, not whether I know what disassembly is. I have disassembled and decompiled a lot. im used to ecus that have a eeprom in the tcm with its own tune seperate and they have larger eeproms in the first place so bank switching isnt even needed. byte swapping and inverted and byteswapped inverted is used in some of those ecus RE to so different ball park. i am trying to automate something a human can do already. i could of done this without it with the same tools everyone uses and didnt. and got pretty far with it considering i didnt use ida pro or ghidra at all mate... have my own custom python dissasmbler now

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1348211433686812
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1210596856670942


I shared one post one time to a few facebook groups, don't you do that too mate? That's not spamming anything anywhere.

Rhysk94 what exactly did I embarrass you with on facebook? You keep saying this but won't say what I've done with any evidence, just shots in the dark at me and anyone you come across. Considering all I see is you saying the same thing to people for years and years now like a spambot in comments on everything that threatens your business or something, but it's consistent and bullying, no one is right but you, degrading comments, nothing nice ever bro. Even the people in this forum, you're in the wrong place to say get a Link ECU by the sounds of the website's name. If you've got a problem with something specific, say it. Otherwise you're just throwing shit. I have been on pcmhacking for a short time and this is my second topic. Check the date. Can click on my profile and literally see what I'm doing mate. To the people that hurt you before me I'm sorry for that, sounds like you've had an issue with this for a long long time before I came along, there's a lot of words that can be used to describe this and your repetitive behaviours. to insult my intelligence and others constantly says alot about yours. literally you are the person on here you are embarressed of or something i dont get it at all.

Also worth noting, you received the entire Enhanced Mod system from The1 & Wade for free (Topic 2518), got DTC masking help, had VX L67 Getrag help you find idle spark tables (Topic 8605), and got wiring diagrams from Charlescrown. You've taken knowledge from this community and monetized it as RKGarage Performance while gatekeeping when others ask. Topic 8851, someone asks about ghost cam, your response: No. Topic 8567 spark cut development thread: Just go a Link ECU, which I think is dumb when people go on about time is money, money is money that's why we are pcmhacking in the first place, OEM ECUs are cost effective. That's your contribution pattern, receive help, monetize it, then tell others to buy aftermarket when they ask the same questions you did.


Chr0m3 if you want to release your patches and research I'd genuinely appreciate it and would learn from it properly. Not trying to compete with anyone here, just trying to get spark cut working on my car and documenting it along the way. If the thread gets shut down that's fine, the github stays up either way. happy to work with whatever approach works best. The Monte Carlo elimination I was doing was meant to speed things up but clearly caused more noise than signal. If releasing your patches gets this done properly, I'm here to learn and test, not compete, alot of people have asked for mafless constantly i see it on facebook and then here for ecotec. i know could just use a map based ecu but i was looking into why it hasnt been done yet.

antus I get the concern about AI crawlers training on wrong info from the site. happy to flag my posts
(its pretty clearly labelled) or keep experimental stuff on github only if that helps..


in my head i came in thinking people get helped when they ask on this site from looking at previous topics before i even started this one its funny the ones maddest are the ones who have wrote the biggest paragraphs asking for help then kept that info secret in there dm. remove the emotion from this and we might actually get somewhere.

funny things is the thread attacking AI is being indexed by AI, and humans have assumptions here and mistakes to
Last edited by KingAustraliaggGG on Fri Feb 06, 2026 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
KingAustraliaggGG
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2024 2:19 pm
cars: 323i 1999 e46 sedan m52tub25 ms42 hx35w
328ci 1999 e46 coupe m52tub28 ms42
vy 2002 holden wagon executive l67 bottom end/36 top swap corn fed boost manifold ex44 external turbo hx40 holset
vs holden sedan turbo gt3582r

Re: AI: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

Post by KingAustraliaggGG »

also i only have a vy v6 executive commodore wagon 2002 still cause it was my dads last car before he passed away in dec 2018. i bought it off my mum and cant part with it. i have 3 bmws aswell.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: AI: holden vy-l36-060a-enhanced-asm-patches github public

Post by antus »

I'm used to doing full OS writes when I patch, not just cal writes. even just for immo off and checksum bypasses sometimes things can only be programmed in a full read on other ecus,
You would do well to stop doing that. You should only do the full write when you need to, because if the process is interrupted you will brick the PCM. If the process is interrupted on a cal write you will probably be OK with a retry. It's needless risk to always do full write.

I am going to lock this thread, its too personal and not going anywhere. I am thankful to RKGarage for being the first to document the VX/VY flash process on youtube. That has helped a lot of people. I understand not wanting to release bins that can be damaged, and we don't reject businesses who profit from this work. We'd rather that than businesses mess up peoples cars. For the most part the businesses know the subject better than anyone else and a common complaint for these vehicles is there are a limited number of shops who are prepared to deal with this generation of hardware. So it's good for everyone that shops exist and people have options when they can't do it themselves.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396