Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Ford information and tools can be found here
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by DWS »

Oh probably should give an update on this. Ultimately he assumed some incorrect details about the flash chip and burnt it up for the direct read. The second computer was like the first in the way it acted, both had signs of someone messing around with the chips on the board (poor solder work) and in the end he removed the chip and resoldered it to the board and he got a successful read. Vehicle (imported limo) has sat 2+ years due to pats (and maybe more issues), so it didn't run when testing the pats off flash. They have a computer coming from me that's matching their factory computer's calibration with PATS off and bench tests fine, so hopefully that solves the problem. If not there might be some extra issues involved that would need to be diagnosed (several shops have had their hands in this car and all not successful and the computer is the big item no one could do anything about).

TLDR, the SM3 worked fine, was a computer hardware issue.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
User avatar
Knackersjewels
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner
Location: Maffra, Vic

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by Knackersjewels »

Bit of a thread dig, but is the pcmflaash pinout the same as the diagram pcmflash supplies? Tried that and generic eecv pinouts, can identify, but can't read, gets stuck waiting for ignition on
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by pman92 »

Knackersjewels wrote: Fri Feb 20, 2026 8:17 am Bit of a thread dig, but is the pcmflaash pinout the same as the diagram pcmflash supplies? Tried that and generic eecv pinouts, can identify, but can't read, gets stuck waiting for ignition on
Do you have FEPS wired up to the OBD plug?
Does your J2534 tool support FEPS?
User avatar
Knackersjewels
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner
Location: Maffra, Vic

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by Knackersjewels »

Ended up I had feps in the wrong pin of my bench harness. Checked over another harness I had for FG ECM, and found feps in the wrong spot
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by DWS »

Knackersjewels wrote: Fri Feb 20, 2026 10:56 pm Ended up I had feps in the wrong pin of my bench harness. Checked over another harness I had for FG ECM, and found feps in the wrong spot
I actually use a different pinout than what PCM Flash posts in their documentation, they also mis label the EEC-V computer. I actually finally found the computer that had that name on it, if I remember right it's a PTEC computer, not even an EEC-V lol. I mentioned that to the dev but it didn't get updated. The EEC-V labeled pinout in the PDF is actually EEC-IV (4) which PCM Flash doesn't support at all.

Either case, from memory + a quick pinout lookup

13 - Flash (Aka FEPS) to OBD2 pin 13
15 - J1850 + to OBD2 pin 2
16 - J1850 - to OBD2 pin 10
97 - ignition power
103 - Ground

I've never ran into any EEC-V that requires power to the memory pin 55 or have any flash issues leaving it disconnected. For context, I've read 100's of EEC-V computers using this pintout, however they all have been the 4 bank (216k) variation from around 98-04.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
User avatar
Knackersjewels
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner
Location: Maffra, Vic

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by Knackersjewels »

Awesome to know, I'll try that pinout. I did notice the file pcmflash pulled was 224kb, and to match the tiperformance xdfs, I had to offset -12000
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by pman92 »

Knackersjewels wrote: Sat Feb 21, 2026 8:14 am Awesome to know, I'll try that pinout. I did notice the file pcmflash pulled was 224kb, and to match the tiperformance xdfs, I had to offset -12000
You'll need to bank swap the files to use the TI Performance 256k XDFs

Cory has an excellent utility / website to do so:
viewtopic.php?t=8565
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by DWS »

Knackersjewels wrote: Sat Feb 21, 2026 8:14 am Awesome to know, I'll try that pinout. I did notice the file pcmflash pulled was 224kb, and to match the tiperformance xdfs, I had to offset -12000
Yep, PCM Flash uses the same file format as KESS, XDF's use a different more standardized logical format. Ford files from their calibration server is another format. Sadly the files for these computers are like that including several different padding styles. The bank swap option pman posted is a project I've been working on, it does more than just bank swapping of course, everything free except for actual tune related edits (pats off/immo off is the only option atm, more in the plans).

The site auto detects the uploaded bank order and lets you convert to all of the other different formats that I'm aware of that exists. Of course if there's a format missing, I could easily add it.

Bank 1 typically is the odd one, a true 216k file has bank 1 smaller, but most programs pad it out. EEC-V 220k does exist too, I'm not 100% sure if PCM Flash can read/write those ones though, pretty uncommon and only Mazda's if I remember right. There's also a 512k version and a 2 bank version that's 112k. The site only does 216k/220k though currently.


For the newer stuff, I also have a PHF to bin converter page. If/when I add that computer type to the site, I plan to automatically extract bin files from PHF files for the user. Bin to PHF might be possible some day but I haven't focused on learning how the metadata checksums are created. VBF is another format I need to look into since I'm starting to poke at the Oak variation of computers and green oak sometimes comes in that format and all newer bins.

Anyway, good luck with the tuning/file editing.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer