VN 304 Knock Sensor part number?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Dave001
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:30 am

VN 304 Knock Sensor part number?

Post by Dave001 »

Hey everyone, trying to track down a knock sensor for a VN Clubsport with a 304 in it, would anyone have a part number for one?

Google and ebay are giving me a lot of contradicting information.

Thanks,
Dave
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VN 304 Knock Sensor part number?

Post by vlad01 »

Aren't they the same as the V6 one? I thought only the knock filter in the memcal was different for the different bore frequency, but the sensor was the same, being just a microphone essentially.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: VN 304 Knock Sensor part number?

Post by antus »

That sounds right to me. The filter in the memcal is the hard part.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dave001
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:30 am

Re: VN 304 Knock Sensor part number?

Post by Dave001 »

Thanks fellas, I'll order a V6 one then. I have a few HSV 1F knock boards, so that bit is not an issue.

Thanks again.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VN 304 Knock Sensor part number?

Post by vlad01 »

Just make sure you get the Buick one and not the ecotec one, they look the same but the ecotec ones have a different internal resistance to suit the newer PCMs, where as the Buick ones are the same as the 5L ones of the same era.
gtrboyy
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores
Location: Sydney

Re: VN 304 Knock Sensor part number?

Post by gtrboyy »

Never bought one I'd just pull one off a buick & swap over...no fault codes & call it good.

Had a few that had been broken by mishaps.