PCM on the K-Line

Ford information and tools can be found here
User avatar
jakka
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
Location: Aus

PCM on the K-Line

Post by jakka »

Regarding the Dordy Fordy FG Falcon,

Alright PCM guru's, can anyone here confirm for me that there is in fact a K-Line connection from pin 7 on the OBD port that is connected to K-Line on the PCM Connector? Has anyone ever checked this? Has anyone ever done a continuity test from pin 7 of the OBD port to the PCM Connector pins? I am sussing out the K-Line Bus on the FG (Which is active on my manual transmission vehicle, so its not the TCM K-Line connection that's mentioned in workshop manuals), I suspect it may be a legacy diagnostic bus that the PCM, ABS and if fitted TCM are available on.

Does anyone have any information or anecodotes on this?

K-Line is ISO9141 Protocol.

Thanks

( AAA will get to the bottom of this mystery, I have no doubt)

EDIT:
DUDES THERES A WHOLE 'NOTHER SECRET HIDDEN BUS ON THESE CARS THATS NOT DOCUMENTED IN THE WORKSHOP MANUALS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wall:
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: PCM on the K-Line

Post by kur4o »

pin 7 is for pcm, other modules uses other pins for k-line, it is not multi devices on same bus.

Pin7 on obd2 connector might be left there for other engine types and not connected to pcm, if it is not supported. You need to check on pcm connectors if wire comes from obd2 connector.
User avatar
jakka
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
Location: Aus

Re: PCM on the K-Line

Post by jakka »

I am receiving data on the K Line from something
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: PCM on the K-Line

Post by kur4o »

Should be pcm, does it stream data all the time or on request.
k-line is on request with some wake up sequence.

Post what data it send, we might decipher something out of it.
User avatar
jakka
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
Location: Aus

Re: PCM on the K-Line

Post by jakka »

I'll find my logs of what I picked up on the K-Line, I am suspecting ABS is also on there as well.