I’m doing an L67 conversion into a Vx Commodore that was originally L 36 the conversions come out of a WH statesman. Was originally planning to use the L67 loom and ECM. Have it linked to the Vx BCM. Figured that was the easiest way. Since then it’s been suggested to me to use everything from the Vx and tune the ECM for the L67. I’m told I need to lengthen a few things on the driver side of the loom which seems to be a pain. Not impossible but I was thinking it would be better to use the original WH L67 loom.
Could somebody please tell me the pros and cons of each way please ?
L67 conversion into Vx Commodore
-
frodo b
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am
- cars: vy commodore paddock pig
Wh statesman
S model Vx - Location: Gippsland
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: L67 conversion into Vx Commodore
Use the L67 loom and ecu
Get a no vats chip.
Also make sure you upgrade fuel pump
Done
Get a no vats chip.
Also make sure you upgrade fuel pump
Done
-
frodo b
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am
- cars: vy commodore paddock pig
Wh statesman
S model Vx - Location: Gippsland
Re: L67 conversion into Vx Commodore
Thanks for the reply, mate. Sorry mines a bit late.Rhysk94 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2026 2:25 pm Use the L67 loom and ecu
Get a no vats chip.
Also make sure you upgrade fuel pump
Done
I ended up going the other way and making the L 36 loom work on the L67 so I’ve kept the original Vx flash returnable PCM.
The problem is now I have to work out a tune to suit and I’m an absolute novice.
I already own an ALDL cable and I’m about to build a bench set up from your video and a wiring diagram I found on here.
I think I know how to flash the bin to the PCM based off of your video.
I just need to work out which bin file I need, which is the last problem I need to solve.
I found a Vx supercharged bin file on here, but I have no idea if that’s the ones that I need.
The car is also running 10 PSI Paulie and an 82° thermostat.
I watched you adjust the fans pretty sure I can work that out.
I’m assuming I need to pull some timing out for the pulley, but again I have no idea.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks for the videos, keep up the good work.
-
frodo b
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am
- cars: vy commodore paddock pig
Wh statesman
S model Vx - Location: Gippsland
Re: L67 conversion into Vx Commodore
If anybody at all could help me any help would be very much appreciated.
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: L67 conversion into Vx Commodore
Get The1 vx n/a tune, copy over every table individually from a vx l67 tune into the n/a tune.
You cannot flash a l67 bin onto a flash ecu, you will brick it!
You cannot flash a l67 bin onto a flash ecu, you will brick it!
-
frodo b
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am
- cars: vy commodore paddock pig
Wh statesman
S model Vx - Location: Gippsland
Re: L67 conversion into Vx Commodore
Thanks for your help again, mate. I was hoping to cheat and find one already done on here. But I really don’t know what I’m looking at. I guess I’ll have to keep learning until I work it out.Rhysk94 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2026 9:05 pm Get The1 vx n/a tune, copy over every table individually from a vx l67 tune into the n/a tune.
You cannot flash a l67 bin onto a flash ecu, you will brick it!
If I can’t work it out, I feel I’m gonna have to pay somebody to work it out for me. Any suggestions?
Need to get this car in for a roadworthy as soon as possible, I’m already about three days late and my schedule.
Also I didn’t realise that you’re the owner of Ethel, love that thing. Eventually, I’m going to do a turbo Ecotech that was the inspiration for it. So again, keep up the good work.