L67 T56 Swap Guide

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
0081
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Re: L67 T56 Swap Guide

Post by 0081 »

Wade wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2024 8:49 am
pman92 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2024 11:53 am
Mr Tippins wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2024 10:08 am Regarding just turning of the DTC's
I believe that's what ticking the MT flag will do,
There will also be flags to enable processing of the code (if the PCM actually checks the conditions to set the code), and another flag to turn on the engine light if the code is set. So a set of flags for each individual DTC (not just a single one).

I haven't done a lot with VY, but last time I looked I couldn't find any XDF's getting around with many or any of these flags defined for the flash based PCM's. I think the enhanced mod code and XDF had a few defined, but not all of them. Certainly not as much defined as 11P / 12P.

There has been a bit of activity from Wade very recently, maybe check out his latest XDF to see what's in there now:
viewtopic.php?p=129179#p129179

I'm guessing the traction control stops working once you switch on the manual flag, as the PCM now flags itself as a manual trans in thr ALDL chatter it transmits. I wonder if another option would be to just fit a manual ABS module, and if it would "just work".
Here is the most recent xdf. not sure if its got everything defined that you guys are after, but its still a work in progress.
Looks like a lot of time has gone into that.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: L67 T56 Swap Guide

Post by Wade »

Absolutely. With a bit of luck I’ll finished vx and vy flash xdf’s and what ever I miss or get wrong, hopefully they get fixed. I think someone else is working on vy l67. So that only leaves vx l67 and vt xdf’s. Maybe a go fund me page or something to get The1 back out of hiding and back into doing what he loves 👌. I’d love to see the real time flash based stuff kick off too. But that’s a bit off subject so I’ll leave it there.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: L67 T56 Swap Guide

Post by Wade »

VY S/C Manual Flags
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: L67 T56 Swap Guide

Post by Wade »

And VY Flash With all the flags I'm pretty sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Tippins
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 14, 2020 10:52 am
cars: VY Calais Series 2 L67 (T56 Swapped)
YN130 (Ecotec Swapped)

Re: L67 T56 Swap Guide

Post by Mr Tippins »

Wade wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2025 11:44 pm And VY Flash With all the flags I'm pretty sure.
12 months to late, but fuck yes mate, good work :D