Just checking in to see if anyone has been experimenting with these BCMs lately.
I’ve been having some solid success with the GMT610 platform (Express/Savana). So far I’ve managed to add keyless entry, remote start, extend the RVS timer, disable front and rear hyperflash, and override Canada DRL/automatic headlights.
I’ve also identified parameters related to cruise control, reverse camera, outside air temp, compass, and TPMS that I plan to test further.
One thing I discovered is that enabling RVS requires more parameter changes than what’s currently outlined in Universal Patcher. If anyone’s working on this, I can dig up my notes—IIRC there were around 11 parameters total. This was done on a 2010 Duramax van, where I also programmed the ECM to extend total runtime and allow unlimited restarts.
I don’t have many GMT900 vehicles to experiment with, but I do have access to a 2007 Tahoe that I may use for testing. One thing I’d like to try is disabling the “Service Suspension System” warning—assuming that message is BCM-controlled.
Longer term, I’m interested in exploring whether features like forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring, and parking sensors can be added to a GMT610 van that wasn’t originally equipped with them. It would also be interesting to see if GMT900 features like auto high beams and auto wipers could be retrofitted.
07-2013 GM BCM
-
koolky
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2025 4:19 am
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I've messed with them some. I was able to turn off a service trailer brake message through the IPC cals, you could probably do the same for the service suspension message. Did you find a way to disable the outside air temp sensor? when I have my plow on it messes with the auto HVAC because it reads so hot.
-
koolky
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2025 4:19 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I tried to enable it on a 2.8L Duramax van that has the sensor from factory and it didn't work. I figured the IPC might need the right cal for it to show up even if the BCM is outputting the message. I'll try to disable it on a van that has it and get back to you.
How are you reading and writing the IPC? I'd like to play around with those too.
How are you reading and writing the IPC? I'd like to play around with those too.
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I might have someone in need of adding remote start to a 2026 express van, i dont think these vans have changed much so it might work.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Shouldn't be a problem, I've done a couple newer ones, think the newest was 2025 but I believe you'll see some of the segments are even the same from 2024 to 2026.gmtech825 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:24 pm I might have someone in need of adding remote start to a 2026 express van, i dont think these vans have changed much so it might work.
Some of them came with no keyless entry and a different RCDLR for some reason.. I have not tried one of those yet so not sure if you can add keyless AND RVS to one of those with that RCDLR..
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
thanksironduke wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:32 pmShouldn't be a problem, I've done a couple newer ones, think the newest was 2025 but I believe you'll see some of the segments are even the same from 2024 to 2026.gmtech825 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:24 pm I might have someone in need of adding remote start to a 2026 express van, i dont think these vans have changed much so it might work.
Some of them came with no keyless entry and a different RCDLR for some reason.. I have not tried one of those yet so not sure if you can add keyless AND RVS to one of those with that RCDLR..
I'll get the vin and check the RCDLR part number
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
EPC shows for this VIN that the RCDLR is for non remote start vehicles. so I may need that other part number then?ironduke wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:32 pmShouldn't be a problem, I've done a couple newer ones, think the newest was 2025 but I believe you'll see some of the segments are even the same from 2024 to 2026.gmtech825 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:24 pm I might have someone in need of adding remote start to a 2026 express van, i dont think these vans have changed much so it might work.
Some of them came with no keyless entry and a different RCDLR for some reason.. I have not tried one of those yet so not sure if you can add keyless AND RVS to one of those with that RCDLR..
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
As I had said I have not tried one of those yet, if you have the vehicle I would try programming the BCM for keyless and RVS and see what happens.. I don't know if that RCDLR will accept remote programming, if it can be reprogrammed to allow remotes, or if it needs to be replaced with one that will.. New territory for me as well..gmtech825 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2026 12:58 pmEPC shows for this VIN that the RCDLR is for non remote start vehicles. so I may need that other part number then?ironduke wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:32 pmShouldn't be a problem, I've done a couple newer ones, think the newest was 2025 but I believe you'll see some of the segments are even the same from 2024 to 2026.gmtech825 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:24 pm I might have someone in need of adding remote start to a 2026 express van, i dont think these vans have changed much so it might work.
Some of them came with no keyless entry and a different RCDLR for some reason.. I have not tried one of those yet so not sure if you can add keyless AND RVS to one of those with that RCDLR..
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
vehicle has the rpo ATG - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY so it has that going for it at least. I dont have the vehicle in front of me yet but I'll dig around for cal differencesironduke wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2026 1:24 pmAs I had said I have not tried one of those yet, if you have the vehicle I would try programming the BCM for keyless and RVS and see what happens.. I don't know if that RCDLR will accept remote programming, if it can be reprogrammed to allow remotes, or if it needs to be replaced with one that will.. New territory for me as well..gmtech825 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2026 12:58 pmEPC shows for this VIN that the RCDLR is for non remote start vehicles. so I may need that other part number then?ironduke wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:32 pm
Shouldn't be a problem, I've done a couple newer ones, think the newest was 2025 but I believe you'll see some of the segments are even the same from 2024 to 2026.
Some of them came with no keyless entry and a different RCDLR for some reason.. I have not tried one of those yet so not sure if you can add keyless AND RVS to one of those with that RCDLR..
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
oh.. geez.. whoops.. I totally misread that and thought you had an rcdlr without keyless.. Sorry..
You'll get the files and change them for RVS, koolky says there's more than the changes needed in patcher but I've done quite a few factory remote start kits and there's 3 bytes changed when they do it with a gm kit for remote start. If you send me the vin or the files needed I can see if I have them.. Possibly need to reprogram the RCDLR but there will be a dropdown in sps2 for selecting TPMS WITH remote start and just use that calibration.. In the vans there may also eb an an option to enable/disable remote start in the settings of the IPC..
You'll get the files and change them for RVS, koolky says there's more than the changes needed in patcher but I've done quite a few factory remote start kits and there's 3 bytes changed when they do it with a gm kit for remote start. If you send me the vin or the files needed I can see if I have them.. Possibly need to reprogram the RCDLR but there will be a dropdown in sps2 for selecting TPMS WITH remote start and just use that calibration.. In the vans there may also eb an an option to enable/disable remote start in the settings of the IPC..