TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Programs / Tools / Scripts
rjdrew1986
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 pm

TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by rjdrew1986 »

Please PM me if you have a TunerCat OBD2 Tuner License that you would like to sell. I have Jet but I'd like to acquire Tuner Cat OBD2.
darkman5001
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by darkman5001 »

I would be interested in knowing where you find an adapter to work with Tuner Cat. I also have Jet Tuners but our adapters for Jet will not work with Tuner Cat. I have tried.
rjdrew1986
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 pm

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by rjdrew1986 »

I should have mentioned, I'm hoping someone has the SW & HW interface.they would sell.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Not sure about software but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the AVT852 from memory works with tunercat
rjdrew1986
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 pm

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by rjdrew1986 »

Thanks.
cmaje72
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:47 am

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by cmaje72 »

I think AVT is now out of business...
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by antus »

Theyve sold the design by the looks theyre on ebay new, but pricey. Made by mobilechanix. Can replace a failed interface but still cant buy tunercat obd2tuner new. https://www.ebay.com/itm/227001740887
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
yoheer
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by yoheer »

What's the reason of getting old tunercat if there is jet 14005 on the market?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by antus »

Tuner cat is a lot more updated and supports many more PCMs. But he sold the license holding only the rights to support existing users. So that is why you can't buy it and can only transfer a second hand license. Ideally JET would update their software to the same level, but they don't seem interested to do so. Further, jet has different licensing. Cats has the buy once, unlimited cars that everyone loves.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
darkman5001
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: TunerCat OBD2 Tuner

Post by darkman5001 »

I am surprised someone hasn't found a way to port the Jet 14005 to work with Tunercat. They are essentially the same software so I would think it would be easy to do. If someone decides to try, I have a 14005 to do testing.