I just recently did this job for a mate who put a side mount supercharger on his cammed manual vu ecotec and wanted a tuning solution, I had intended to make a flash to 396 pcm adaptor harness like in The1s tread but after thinking about it i wondered about repining the flash harness to suit the better ecu...
So a trip to pick a part netted a vt 396 pcm and pigtails and only took 5mins to depin them. And using The1s pinout chart it only took about 2hrs to move one pin from the pcm at a time and including lengthening 2 earth wires and joining the knock sensor wires.
I loaded the nvram with the realtime modded vx xu6 ddrj with a few adjustments to suit his setup it fired up surprisingly well
So for anyone worried about this conversion its very easy and straight forward to do!