Server load problems

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

Nah, other direction. Massive amounts of outbound traffic. Images, files. AI Scrapers mostly, I think, but hard to know what is scrapers and what is people hot linking direct to files in other communities out there which still loads the forums up.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Tre-Cool
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
Location: Perth

Re: Server load problems

Post by Tre-Cool »

rather then start a new thread. anyone else have to change browsers to get in?

I had a window open to the site last night before i went to bed. today the cloudfare check just goes in circles. I use Brave. so switched to edge and i could get past it.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

useing brave today myself, havnt closed/reopened for a week, no issue. Maybe cloudflare broke it and fixed it and you draw the short straw with a bad cached js file. Try private window in brave so it has to load fresh js.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Tre-Cool
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
Location: Perth

Re: Server load problems

Post by Tre-Cool »

no dice even in private mode.

i'll do the thing that generally fixes all things windows based and reboot..
MPC001
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Server load problems

Post by MPC001 »

Similar here. Chrome mobile works fine, but Chrome for Windows keeps trying whether normal or incognito. Firefox Win okay. TIS Opel running AOK Windows Chrome for a change. :)
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

I let the latest brave update install and now Im hitting that problem. Googling for fixes but nothing works yet. If brave and chrome are both hitting it I expect it'll probably be fixed soon enough, as it must be a new and widespread problem. I can find reports of similar with workarounds but I think the older reports are not whatever started happening this time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
MPC001
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Server load problems

Post by MPC001 »

antus wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2026 4:27 am I let the latest brave update install and now Im hitting that problem. Googling for fixes but nothing works yet. If brave and chrome are both hitting it I expect it'll probably be fixed soon enough, as it must be a new and widespread problem. I can find reports of similar with workarounds but I think the older reports are not whatever started happening this time.
👍👌
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Server load problems

Post by AngelMarc »

Tre-Cool wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2026 2:40 am rather then start a new thread. anyone else have to change browsers to get in?

I had a window open to the site last night before i went to bed. today the cloudfare check just goes in circles. I use Brave. so switched to edge and i could get past it.
Yes. Laptop just won't get in.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
Tre-Cool
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
Location: Perth

Re: Server load problems

Post by Tre-Cool »

mine started working again an hour or so after my last post. i did reboot my laptop and it didnt fix it straight away, so im going with it being a problem not on my laptop directly.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

My main session even after the update was still working, but in a private window, and therefore a new session that one was failing. But I just re-tested in a private window and straight in. So whatever was going on appears to have passed. Probably a glitch at cloudflare is my guess.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396