The state of Right to Repair in Australia
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
The state of Right to Repair in Australia
Some bs I threw together... https://testerpresent.com.au/RightToRep ... tralia.php
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: The state of Right to Repair in Australia
Our government is totally spineless. As an independent repairer I will be forever looking for other options...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: The state of Right to Repair in Australia
Have you heard about Tester Engineering Suite v1.0.4-2026? https://github.com/jakka351/Tester-Engi ... %20(1).pdf
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: The state of Right to Repair in Australia
No, I had not, you have my interest!!
But, having read what's covered, it will still come very short of my needs. One day I could be applying a software update to fix the park sensor signal on the back of a 2020 mazda CX5, the next day I need to replace the PCM on a Holden cruze with a second hand unit. We need a mix of ALL the dealer capabilities (NO EXCEPTIONS) and custom software that lets us use recycled parts.
First to market with that shall be very successful.
But, having read what's covered, it will still come very short of my needs. One day I could be applying a software update to fix the park sensor signal on the back of a 2020 mazda CX5, the next day I need to replace the PCM on a Holden cruze with a second hand unit. We need a mix of ALL the dealer capabilities (NO EXCEPTIONS) and custom software that lets us use recycled parts.
First to market with that shall be very successful.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: The state of Right to Repair in Australia
Annnddd, It needs to be suitable for dumb ass mechanics - not written for IT gods.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: The state of Right to Repair in Australia
That is what I am working on - getting that motherload of data.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: The state of Right to Repair in Australia
Watching with greater interest!!!
Yell if you need something tested.
Yell if you need something tested.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: The state of Right to Repair in Australia
I am actively seeking testers who can push the software to its limits and try to break it so yeah send me a message with your contact info we can set something upGareth wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2026 2:20 am Watching with greater interest!!!
Yell if you need something tested.
