Bin for Vx running l67?
-
frodo b
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am
- cars: vy commodore paddock pig
Wh statesman
S model Vx - Location: Gippsland
Bin for Vx running l67?
Hi guys, I’m in need of a little bit of help. I’m totally new to all this and a little bit overwhelmed. I’ve put an L6 seven into a Vx Commodore. I modified the original loom to suit the L67. It also has a 10 PSI Pully and an 82° thermostat. I’ve been on here for hours looking for a bin and ADX file. So I can get it up and running. But I can’t find anything, although I’m not really sure what I’m looking for anyway. I’m wondering if somebody would be nice enough to point me in the right direction please?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Bin for Vx running l67?
look in the faq area for links to threads with the best information. you want to be looking at the1s enhanced to match the computer you are using. no experience with that engine myself but at a minimum i'd be thinking you would want larger injectors and need to update the base tune for the ones you choose.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Bin for Vx running l67?
Download the1’s vy v6 n/an and s/c files. The bins, xdf’s and adx files are already in there. Then compare the s/c bin to the n/a bin. Copy over injector data, commanded fuel, power enrichment settings, ignition timing ect ect. 82deg thermostat go into fan settings and find fan1 and fan2 settings and lower them 10deg. That would be a start
-
frodo b
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am
- cars: vy commodore paddock pig
Wh statesman
S model Vx - Location: Gippsland
Re: Bin for Vx running l67?
Thanks for the reply’s guys. Antus I don’t think I need to upgrade the injectors, but you could be right so I’ll look into it. Most people just say that you need to run 98 or you could get knock. Which is what I was doing with my old car. I was assuming if you get knock with lower octane fuel that I’ll need to pull some timing out. Guess I’ll find out when I eventually get a tune in it and data log.
Wade are the Vx and VY bins the same ?
Am I looking for a standard bin or the enhanced bin?
Is there a way I can put the two bins side-by-side? And copy and paste?
Wade are the Vx and VY bins the same ?
Am I looking for a standard bin or the enhanced bin?
Is there a way I can put the two bins side-by-side? And copy and paste?
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Bin for Vx running l67?
This is a N/A Flash bin with L67 changes. Youll need L67 Injectors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Bin for Vx running l67?
The standard n/an injectors are barely big enough for a standard n/a v6. So 100% you’ll need l67 injectors unless you feel like blowing the motor up. Plus fuel pump. If you use this bin, it’s set up for l67 injectors. See how it goes and I’d log fuel afr’s and watch knock. Post up a log and I’m sure others can help out from there
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Bin for Vx running l67?
Yes the vx-vy bins are the same now. To keep everything happy you select either vx or vy comms via the comms flag. Yes you’d want to use the1’s enhanced files as they’re more boost friendly. The tune I just shared already has those changes based off the information in your post. It’s just just a bass tune and something to get you started. Definitely not a go full send tune. Add some l67 injectors. Take it easy and post up some logsfrodo b wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2026 9:53 am Thanks for the reply’s guys. Antus I don’t think I need to upgrade the injectors, but you could be right so I’ll look into it. Most people just say that you need to run 98 or you could get knock. Which is what I was doing with my old car. I was assuming if you get knock with lower octane fuel that I’ll need to pull some timing out. Guess I’ll find out when I eventually get a tune in it and data log.
Wade are the Vx and VY bins the same ?
Am I looking for a standard bin or the enhanced bin?
Is there a way I can put the two bins side-by-side? And copy and paste?
-
frodo b
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am
- cars: vy commodore paddock pig
Wh statesman
S model Vx - Location: Gippsland
Re: Bin for Vx running l67?
Thanks, thanks a lot. I feel you save my weekend copying and pasting a tune together. I’m already running the £36 injectors that came with the engine. Running the fuel pump out of the donor car. The only thing that I’m not using from the WH is the two speed pump controller. I’ve read that I don’t really need it anyway. I think I read somewhere that a supercharged VY didn’t use it from factory?Wade wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2026 11:04 amYes the vx-vy bins are the same now. To keep everything happy you select either vx or vy comms via the comms flag. Yes you’d want to use the1’s enhanced files as they’re more boost friendly. The tune I just shared already has those changes based off the information in your post. It’s just just a bass tune and something to get you started. Definitely not a go full send tune. Add some l67 injectors. Take it easy and post up some logsfrodo b wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2026 9:53 am Thanks for the reply’s guys. Antus I don’t think I need to upgrade the injectors, but you could be right so I’ll look into it. Most people just say that you need to run 98 or you could get knock. Which is what I was doing with my old car. I was assuming if you get knock with lower octane fuel that I’ll need to pull some timing out. Guess I’ll find out when I eventually get a tune in it and data log.
Wade are the Vx and VY bins the same ?
Am I looking for a standard bin or the enhanced bin?
Is there a way I can put the two bins side-by-side? And copy and paste?
The only dodgy thing I’m doing at the moment, is I have the car running into the standard Ecotech exhaust. That’s just to get me up and running until I can sort one out. Probably just use the front section off of the WH and buy a cat back to suit the Vx.
I’ll get this tune into the car and fire it up, see how it goes.
Thanks again for your help.
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Bin for Vx running l67?
Fit a stock v8 exhaust HSV if you can find one your gonna be much better with very little work and usually not much money if its too quiet lose the back box.
Run good fuel but dont expect too much from the small pulley if anything go down to the 8psi pulley so you dont just make heaps of heat.
Run good fuel but dont expect too much from the small pulley if anything go down to the 8psi pulley so you dont just make heaps of heat.