tonn0297 wrote: Thu May 07, 2026 4:51 pm
I just need to see what changes in the can data on a traction event, so if you can do a log with 2 or 3 events at varying levels of power cut that wuld be awesome
Sorry for making you wait. Got wrapped up in some stuff with my chaotic father in law.
Here's a SavvyCAN log with some steady state cruise data and a few TCS events on launch. If you look at byte 3 bit 4 on message 0x1E9 you can see when the traction system goes active. The byte changes from 0E to 1E so it's pretty easy to pick out in the raw log.
The timestamps are all null because of a bug in SavvyCAN.
Let me know if you need anything else. I logged the entire primary high speed CAN bus if you need more data.
2017 Corvette, E92A LT1, 7 speed manual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatecrasher wrote: Wed May 13, 2026 1:37 pm
The torque intervention stuff is all on 0x1C7. I just included 0x1E9 so you could see when the traction control was actually trying to do its thing.
It was fun. Can't beat spinning your wheels for science.
Culd you maybe post the entire log somewhere? it wuld help me be sure the 6L80E mappings are also correct?
The current data is great for the TC events!
Tre-Cool wrote: Sat Jan 17, 2026 3:51 am
Attached is an excel file with the factory CAN TX/RX id's for various operating systems for ECU & TCM's
You will see a bunch of common id's that are used across the various platform. There also seems to be a bunch of id's that are on that don't need to be. i.e the rx device the id is sending the data to, doesnt exist. it's just more shit being broadcast.
Anyway hope it helps.
T43-CAN-Data.xls
Looking at OS 12639270-ECU in Ghidra I believe the table to disable TX of a message is between 0x1c03c4 to 0x1c0418. Looks like 00 00 means it's enabled and 00 ff is disabled which seems to jive since $0F1 isn't TX'd by ECM but $0C9 is, see attached. Still looking for a similar table for RX...
EDIT: Found the table for RX enable. Entries below 0x1E are active RX. I need to confirm but I believe that this would mean DTC wouldn't be triggered if entry is above 0x1E as it wouldn't be considered active. The entries do not line up with the enums mentioned before and I suspect are mailbox or filter related. See snippet.
Edit #2: From what I see, RX entries that aren't active aren't checked in the CAN DTC timeout monitor function at 0x000756E8. See spreadsheet for the active/ inactive TX and RX messages and their addresses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anyone have a log from a Gen 4 or newer automatic car/truck they could post? Looking for a trace from ignition off to idle, reverse, N, D then back to park and ignition off?
GregJo wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:29 am
Has anyone got a log of 0x1f3 and 0x1f5
I am trying to decode messages for shift select and tap up tap down
Cheers