Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by Tazzi »

This is true. A good start would be using Getrags file and start pulling it apart in Ghidra, assigning RAM/registers and start pulling it apart.

Depending on its strucutre, youll find the main OBD handler in the boot or OS (Or both) and can start back tracking PIDs/Security/routines from there.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by Gatecrasher »

AngelMarc wrote: Thu May 14, 2026 4:22 am
Gatecrasher wrote: Wed May 13, 2026 1:45 pm MPC5xx (Power MPC) and MPC5xxx (Qoriva) are different families of chips.
The CPU model name in title is what I read myself after opening one up. NXP says it's "full PowerPC compatible". Or am I clueless and "power architecture" doesn't mean "powerPC".
https://www.nxp.com/part/MPC5554MZP112
Capture.PNG

I was just clarifying what Antus said when he mentioned them being based on the same SDK as the MPC555. They're not. They're related in the sense that they use the PowerPC core, but that's about it. The MPC5xxx family is the next generation after MPC5xx. Your screenshot even mentions that in the last line. It offers a migration path from the MPC500.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by AngelMarc »

Tazzi wrote: Thu May 14, 2026 7:26 am
Make cloning work and I'll buy YOUR J2534 dongle. Going to openly commit to that. Assuming it's not like $200, I haven't checked.
I need something to replace my OBDLink SX anyway. It got lost or stolen.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by Tazzi »

AngelMarc wrote: Sat May 16, 2026 3:16 pm
Tazzi wrote: Thu May 14, 2026 7:26 am
Make cloning work and I'll buy YOUR J2534 dongle. Going to openly commit to that. Assuming it's not like $200, I haven't checked.
I need something to replace my OBDLink SX anyway. It got lost or stolen.
Thats not my job there to make cloning software to various manufactures.

Youll need to lookup suitable software capable of doing that, or see if they support J2534 like the bitbox options I noted.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by AngelMarc »

oh.....
I refuse to pay for flashing software.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by Tazzi »

I do believe devs that have spent serious R&D time to make it even possible to flash modules should be paid for their work (If its not a opensource/freeware project).
Without them, there would be nothing.

So we would have to agree to disagree on that one.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by AngelMarc »

Why I offered to buy your dongle instead of whatever random J2534 dongle.
And I sure would prefer it being open source.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by AngelMarc »

Grabbed a couple more for $1 each at scrap yard.
2007 Vin# 2a4gp54l67r272459
and
2010 Vin# 2d4rn4de4ar426161
Swear they were both 3.3, but vin decoder says one was a 3.8.
Last edited by AngelMarc on Tue May 19, 2026 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by AngelMarc »

Might have just bought 2 NGC3s.
I'll have to open them up and see.
Good news there is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEPn9OY1oBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpshQ5zQwbQ
I've been wanting a Ulink NT anyway.
The 2010 had the "node ignition" which I think means CAN bus start signal.
node.png
2009 Journey.PNG
https://connectorrepairkit.mopar.com/
The 2007 had a classic ignition switch.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP112 CPU)

Post by AngelMarc »

Looks like I have
NGC3 (2007) SC511505MZP40 CPU
NGC3cover.jpg
NGC3PCB.jpg
NGC4 (2010) MPC5554MZP80 CPU
NGC4cover.jpg
NGC4PCB.jpg
NGC4A (2011) MPC5554MZP112 CPU
NGC4Acover.jpg
NGC4APCB.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AngelMarc on Sun May 24, 2026 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't stress specific units.