Can anyone tell me where the vats code is located for any specific e38 O/S? I can figure it out from there....
I have a 2008 z06 that utilizes a 2006 style pcm and software that has some drawbacks. Im looking to install a 2009 ls3 based pcm. The pcm I am using already learned a vats code so the 30 min relearn will not work. Im not looking to take it to a dealer. So if I can identify the vats location Ill copy the value out of the 2008 file and paste it into the 2009 file.
E38 Vats code location
-
mecanicman
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:43 pm
- cars: 1984 Mustang
2002 s10 6.0 turbo
-
Knackersjewels
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
- cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner - Location: Maffra, Vic
Re: E38 Vats code location
It's stored in eeprom, not flash, so tuning tools don't read it
-
Ken
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm
Re: E38 Vats code location
On the 12612381 OS. Vats appears to be at 0x1C0F42.
I just tested that using a hex editor and opening with efilive.
- - -
Looks like the byte directly after it is responsible for the auto learn flag, at 0x1C0F43.
- -
And the Required to run flag is at 0x1C1154
-
I just tested that using a hex editor and opening with efilive.
- - -
Looks like the byte directly after it is responsible for the auto learn flag, at 0x1C0F43.
- -
And the Required to run flag is at 0x1C1154
-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
MPC001
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am
Re: E38 Vats code location
Assuming you mean the actual unique immobilizer code, as knackersjewels noted these & like codes are saved in the EEPROM/Long term memory block in the flash at 0xC000/0xE000. Usually after the last 5 flash record block - for example the block C130-C19F if C000 was the last block saved.