The beta Verson of PCM Hammer has a different control panel than the lastest verson 0.21
I have the bin file I'm going to use done.
I wrote the original bin of my pcm made a copy and disable vats with univeral patcher.
Which is the best option to do a vats delete on pcm.
I'm thinking "Write PCM" is the best option but not sure.
Tools (Options For Write)
Write parameters
Write OS, Calibration & Boot
Write Full Flash Clone
The reason I'm being so cautious is because the pcm I'm working on is a 99 model pickup and I'll have a hard time finding a replacement if I mess up.
Beta PCM Hammer - Need Control Panel Info
-
Raner
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2026 2:13 pm
- cars: 1999 K1500 Z71 Extended Cab
Beta PCM Hammer - Need Control Panel Info
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Beta PCM Hammer - Need Control Panel Info
You will have to do full flash clone because that early format isnt segmented like the later ones. But pcm hammer will only rewrite the 8000-1FFFF range as it knows the other flash segments have not changed. If you pick an invalid write option for that PCM it will abort and tell you you need to do the the full flash clone for the pcm.
Do the test write first to make sure comms and everything is healthy, and if that succeeds and says you have an excellent connection to the pcm then go for the clone.
Do the test write first to make sure comms and everything is healthy, and if that succeeds and says you have an excellent connection to the pcm then go for the clone.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Raner
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2026 2:13 pm
- cars: 1999 K1500 Z71 Extended Cab
Re: Beta PCM Hammer - Need Control Panel Info
Thanks Antus, Man I sure appriciate all the help you have giving me.
Been looking at a lot of posts trying to pick up information here and there.
Later and thanks again...
Been looking at a lot of posts trying to pick up information here and there.
Later and thanks again...