Does anyone have any tips on a generic auto box tune that would generally work in most cars?
are there any tune files with tuned box's around to have a look at?
ecotec 4l60e
-
upyas
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
- cars: vy s
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: ecotec 4l60e
Hey, pm me was the only thing I was changing before I Turbo'd my car. Ive got a few files saved.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: ecotec 4l60e
I usually start with the series 2 VY upshift pressures, for both normal/performance settings. The series 2 had a little more upshift pressure added. And being factory settings, it's pretty safe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: ecotec 4l60e
Then I'll go through either the VZ SSV tune file or VY 285 tune file and copy over some upshift/downshift speeds plus TCC upshift/downshift speeds settings. Main tables I look at are Normal/Performance/Cruise Control. Any upshift/downshifts speeds that are higher between the VY V6 and either the VZ SS "or" 285KW tune is what I'll go with. The VZ SS is good for std diff gears on a V6, but with diff gears I'd probably use the 285KW settings as it holds gears a bit longer. I find with std diff gears and the 285kw settings it causes me to speed a little over the speed limit before going for an upshift when just trying to cruise around the streets.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: ecotec 4l60e
VZ SSV TUNE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: ecotec 4l60e
VY HSV 285KW TUNE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: ecotec 4l60e
The load-based pressures I think most people just randomly add numbers in. But the way I look at these is similar to doing steady state fueling.
Would be nice if these tables were real time tunable. Get creative with roads you use, flat/uphill/downhill and holding gears ect. Trying to hold each cell for as long as possible until the numbers stabilize. Only need enough pressure to propel the car forward at that tps% and road speed, nothing more, nothing less.
Would be nice if these tables were real time tunable. Get creative with roads you use, flat/uphill/downhill and holding gears ect. Trying to hold each cell for as long as possible until the numbers stabilize. Only need enough pressure to propel the car forward at that tps% and road speed, nothing more, nothing less.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: ecotec 4l60e
Delay times and pressure ramps. I look at these tables much like the Desired shift time tables in the LS1 tunes. Delay time to shift and delta psi/sec, how fast the pressure is ramped in on a shift. Too fast and you'll get a harsh shift, too slow and you'll get slip. I find there is some really good gains if you get these right, but it can take a lot of time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: ecotec 4l60e
Pressure adjustment based off temperature and TPS. Pretty self explanatory. But gives you some control over pressure vs temperature. If you find shifts are inconsistent with temperature, cold vs hot ect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Ken
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm
Re: ecotec 4l60e
I toasted the auto in the WH i'm driving by leaving the STD 285kw auto settings in the trans pressure and other settings, till I eventually looked at the settings between my stock tune and the 285 one,
my stocker has more shift pressure on the first half of the pressure setting in 1->2 shift, almost the same in 2->3, and way more 3->4, which I figured was possibly because the WH was
250kg heavier than the VY, 1,680kg empty, with a full tank of fuel and me in the car it's way over 1.8 tonne.
I ended up toasting it, plus I should've run an auto cooler on it after initially improving the tune.
I was always considering playing around with the shift pressures until a friend that rebuilds autos advised against it, stating that doing so tends to break the box.
In the end I just figured ah stuff it, the box is toasted anyway, and copied some of the STD VZ settings into the tune I'm running, and was blown away at how much I was losing with the stock settings.
.
Here's the stock VZ tune I copied some of the settings from.
my stocker has more shift pressure on the first half of the pressure setting in 1->2 shift, almost the same in 2->3, and way more 3->4, which I figured was possibly because the WH was
250kg heavier than the VY, 1,680kg empty, with a full tank of fuel and me in the car it's way over 1.8 tonne.
I ended up toasting it, plus I should've run an auto cooler on it after initially improving the tune.
I was always considering playing around with the shift pressures until a friend that rebuilds autos advised against it, stating that doing so tends to break the box.
In the end I just figured ah stuff it, the box is toasted anyway, and copied some of the STD VZ settings into the tune I'm running, and was blown away at how much I was losing with the stock settings.
.
Here's the stock VZ tune I copied some of the settings from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.