Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
Mostly normal brands. Should be identifiable from searching. Just V1124 I don't recognise, but it might be identifiable with some searching.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
I didn't find a damn thing for the bigger one. Who on here said something about their association with Chrysler?
Updated previous post. Just that bigger one I don't have a clue about. And the high side driver VN800s vs datasheet VN800PS-E.
Updated previous post. Just that bigger one I don't have a clue about. And the high side driver VN800s vs datasheet VN800PS-E.
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
Tried AI
Maybe it's my personal preference settings, but ChatGPT seems ... less shit than Google. I'll have to figure out the hard way.
Apparently the "SC" part means custom ASIC.
Maybe it's my personal preference settings, but ChatGPT seems ... less shit than Google. I'll have to figure out the hard way.
Apparently the "SC" part means custom ASIC.
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
Got another one. 2009 Dodge Journey.
This one includes a bunch of stuff, including the entire engine.
Transmission blew and owner gave up on it. I have quite a few paid hours into working on this vehicle over the past couple years.
This one includes a bunch of stuff, including the entire engine.
Transmission blew and owner gave up on it. I have quite a few paid hours into working on this vehicle over the past couple years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
Busy day.
Pulled everything Cut off bellhousing so I can run it outside the vehicle.
Pulled everything Cut off bellhousing so I can run it outside the vehicle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
Sorting out wiring. I think I have everything but the pedal wired up as well as I want, including gauges.
Swapped a couple 12 volt supplies from TIPM for one less plug on that bulky thing.
Really looks like park over can, and that's handled by the ignition module. Ignition and ECU use same brake signal, don't know yet if it's required.
After I get it running, I'll test igniton CAN straight to ECU CAN; hope I won't need a new fuse box to test that. Then if gauges will work on the higher speed ECU CAN bus... If not, tablet and OBD dongle.
Swapped a couple 12 volt supplies from TIPM for one less plug on that bulky thing.
Really looks like park over can, and that's handled by the ignition module. Ignition and ECU use same brake signal, don't know yet if it's required.
After I get it running, I'll test igniton CAN straight to ECU CAN; hope I won't need a new fuse box to test that. Then if gauges will work on the higher speed ECU CAN bus... If not, tablet and OBD dongle.
Don't stress specific units.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
These ecus are a annoying as to work with i have a customers old dodge truck with 1 in out of a 300c. It has all the other modules under the dash abs etc just so it runs even with security turned off to not need a key had to send the ecu away to be unlocked and the security bypassed
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
I meant to test some of this before I ripped it all apart. When owner made up his mind, I excitedly got going tearing it apart.
On some, there's no VSS sensor on the transmission, so you need ABS for CAN bus wheel speed... unless you add a VSS sensor and get the right ECU programming. Had that problem on a 300 before, dumb shit, wouldn't get out of first gear. The customer's choices were, either find wiring diagrams so I can run a new wire, pay me to gut the interior to trace the wires, or sell it. He sold it, it started getting a misfire too. Was a money pit. Hemi too. Just did all calipers, rotors, plugs, and coils before that.
If I new about https://connectorrepairkit.mopar.com/ I could have just run the wires. Pretty sure it was old enough to look up for free.
On some, there's no VSS sensor on the transmission, so you need ABS for CAN bus wheel speed... unless you add a VSS sensor and get the right ECU programming. Had that problem on a 300 before, dumb shit, wouldn't get out of first gear. The customer's choices were, either find wiring diagrams so I can run a new wire, pay me to gut the interior to trace the wires, or sell it. He sold it, it started getting a misfire too. Was a money pit. Hemi too. Just did all calipers, rotors, plugs, and coils before that.
If I new about https://connectorrepairkit.mopar.com/ I could have just run the wires. Pretty sure it was old enough to look up for free.
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
Pause as soon as it starts (13:41) and look at the options.
https://youtu.be/NQTHHgXDQ6c?si=28ntD9Gi5Hq2xqJG&t=821
https://youtu.be/NQTHHgXDQ6c?si=28ntD9Gi5Hq2xqJG&t=821
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
Nope, chopped this one off completely... damn it.AngelMarc wrote: Sat May 30, 2026 5:49 am Sorting out wiring. I think I have everything but the pedal wired up as well as I want,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't stress specific units.