Has anyone found a scanner or Key/FOB programmer that will remove / add FOBs to a 2002 Chevy Cavalier?
GM included an onboard provisions (by temporarily installing a jumper wire) to remove / add FOBs to the 95-99 Cavaliers but made no provisions on the 2000-2005 Chevy Cavaliers forcing me to find a scanner or Key/FOB programmer that will communicate to the BCM & perform this function. So far, I haven't found one. I 'think' the Autel KM100 might but I'm waiting on a response from their customer service to confirm before purchasing one. I'd prefer to find someone who has actually done it to know for certain.2000.
2000-2005 Cavalier FOB programer
-
rjdrew1986
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 pm
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 2000-2005 Cavalier FOB programer
Do you have a gm mdi? or one of tazzi's devices? Could use tech2win if you did..
Just tried tech2win with pass thru mode enabled but couldn't get all the way in to sniff the command needed to program fobs. I'd need an actual J body BCM connected I suspect.
Just tried tech2win with pass thru mode enabled but couldn't get all the way in to sniff the command needed to program fobs. I'd need an actual J body BCM connected I suspect.
-
rjdrew1986
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 pm
Re: 2000-2005 Cavalier FOB programer
I do have a MDI. Thanks for the info.