E92A observation
-
e4life
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 4:27 pm
- cars: 2015 Tahoe
E92A observation
So I found something interesting, which with all the smart people in here someone probably already knows this. If you attempt to program a 2020 Chevy Tahoe in SPS, in the spscache you’ll find that if you put the files in 7zip and extract it down to the bin file, the bin files is actually a LZMA compressed file. Of course, after decoding the LZMA file you get the real bin file. Nice try GM 
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: E92A observation
Yup, In that cache folder you'll even find the utility file which tells you the algo and the table used to calculate the key from the seed, plus the write kernel is there along with the address its sent to..
keep digging.. look in the debug folder before you close out sps2..
keep digging.. look in the debug folder before you close out sps2..
-
e4life
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 4:27 pm
- cars: 2015 Tahoe
Re: E92A observation
Just made a really nice GM DPS archive creator tool just waiting on the Admin to let me know whether I can post it because I’m not sure how they feel about DPS related stuff.
Here’s what it looks like
https://mega.nz/file/07Zx0BIJ#7J-0mgDdn ... y-3rCccP04
Here’s what it looks like
https://mega.nz/file/07Zx0BIJ#7J-0mgDdn ... y-3rCccP04
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: E92A observation
DPS is a hard one, because it is widely shared across the internet and talked about in other places. But I want to keep the site legal. So I do not want DPS related software distributed from here and it is my recommendation is to stay away from it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gatecrasher
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Re: E92A observation
It's been a while since I used SPS. I seem to remember reading that they changed it so it deletes the calibration files as soon as programming is complete. Is that true, or am I mistaken? Just want to know if I need to do any preparation if I want to grab calibration files in the future.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: E92A observation
The files are still in the cache, if I don't empty mine regularly it gets pretty big pretty quick, especially with the radio usb updates which are huge.Gatecrasher wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2026 3:42 pm It's been a while since I used SPS. I seem to remember reading that they changed it so it deletes the calibration files as soon as programming is complete. Is that true, or am I mistaken? Just want to know if I need to do any preparation if I want to grab calibration files in the future.
There is a debug folder that gets deleted when it's done that does contain a few more files some people might find handy like the immo/pincode in a text file.. There's a type 4 folder as well..
Your best bet is to grab the entire folder when it's something your wanting to save.. Some sps updates clear everything out too..
-
Gatecrasher
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Re: E92A observation
Good to know. Thanks!