Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Ford information and tools can be found here
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Ok, another 78 processed (200 more coming before too long). Pretty wild, only 2 new strats within 100 random computers in this batch.

Code: Select all

FHAF6
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Got a bigger lot in today, still processing them, but 800 computers, about 500 eec-v and 300 eec-iv. Should be fun documenting the hardware and grabbing calibrations etc. FYI, around 50-70% are duplicate part numbers, not a ton of unique ones. I did catch this new one though

Code: Select all

DOAV3
From what I can tell, the EEC-IV computers aren't really documented too great for hwid, calibration info, part number, etc, so probably going to create a system for documenting that.

A lot of these computers are counted as bad/failed/returns, so if there's someone out there that repairs computers and needs repair parts, shoot me a PM. We are wanting the connectors for a side project, but basically anything on the board we can pull.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by antus »

I think that is the most PCMs i've seen in a pile, outside of a photo of a warehouse, ever!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

antus wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2026 12:12 pm I think that is the most PCMs i've seen in a pile, outside of a photo of a warehouse, ever!
Lol yea, I've been buying my suppliers junk/dead EEC-V computers, last order I grabbed 100x, and then he's like, you want like 500? I mentioned about EEC-IV and he said he probably could get 300x of those. Wasn't really expecting to shift into used ecu chip supplier, but I don't see a supplier for this stuff like coil drivers and such, so going to make them available on my site and see if I get any interest. If there's enough interest, I'll make a dedicated website for ecu chips.

I already have 5-10 IAC drivers accounted for, going to AU for some Falcon computer repairs.

I'm documenting the hw info while processing them too, so I'll have a rough idea what computer comes with which chips. The EEC-IV side seems to not have much info out there, so going to try to build a nice database of info on those too.

There's a few gems I've already spotted, like $500 computers with clearly bad caps, so might have to give repairing ecus a shot too. Not really my main focus, but I constantly see people with 92-95 era trucks needing computers, very common failure on them. Most are low desired computers though which should be perfect for recycling into parts to repair high demand ones.

I'll probably make a new thread on here to mention the chips being available, cases, etc. I'm going to do my best to identify function and ideally solid ways to test each chip. SMD stuff will be interesting to work out a way to connect w\o soldering for faster testing, maybe 3d printed socket + pogo pins.

I know connectors are desired too, might sell some, but that's actually the main reason I grabbed them lol. I think it's more connectors than we really need right now though so might list some to see how much demand there is for them.

The most interesting part is working out a solid price on things, availability vs how hard to pull vs value it creates for the buyer.

Really interesting thing, there's a ton of reman computers in the log, like legit with the ecu connector protector and such. I'm not sure if they are rejects from the company or what's the deal with them. I actually 3d print my own version of those protectors, might list those too since those connectors get damaged so easily in shipping.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
ATPCR
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:39 pm
cars: Many Fords from 1954 to 1999
Location: north of Huntsville Alabama

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by ATPCR »

Cory, funny seeing the front-end loader picture of EEC-V pcms. I've attempted to make a "clone" pcm for my younger brother's 2001 Ford Escape. I think he maybe purchasing bad ones from salvage yards. I've been "flashing/writing" his bone stock bin file complete with PATS and neither of the JY pcms will work. I've been using my Scanmatik Pro 2 with Oleg's software module #29 IIRC.
I'll DM you with more detail.
Good to see that you are still at it!
Greg in north Alabama
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

If Pats/immo is enabled, on the new computer you'd have to also program keys. On the cloning process, be sure the hardware id matches exactly or that can cause problems.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Got some Austin Martin bins sent over that uses a Ford EEC-V computer. These aren't tested for pats off, but the code does match other ford production vehicles, so in theory should work. The strategy is in the same location as the typical ford ones (end of bank 9). The structure is a little strange but seems to work out within the limited sample size (3 bins). Always open to more being sent in to check out too.

Code: Select all

R25_F0
R27FA0
R29FA0
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
SubnetMask
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:42 pm
cars: 95 Cougar
04 Silverado
19 CT6

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by SubnetMask »

DWS wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2026 7:02 pm If Pats/immo is enabled, on the new computer you'd have to also program keys. On the cloning process, be sure the hardware id matches exactly or that can cause problems.
That may not ALWAYS be true. By way of guidance from Michael at EFIDynoTuning, I learned that it is totally possible to program a MPC-19D PCM from a 2004 Marauder with the full FBGI0 BIN from a MPC-15B. Years ago, I had converted my 95 Cougar to run off a 2004 Mustang PCM (MPC-15B), with the drawback being no tach output, so I had to resort to an aftermarket adapter, which started to flake out (or so I thought). The MPC-19D has a tach output. So I was able to flash the calibration I was running on the MPC-15B to the MPC-19D using PCMFlash (tested function with QH first) and gained the tach output. I will say Ford seems to have cheaped out with the MPC-19D. They are real cheap feeling and hard to get in to compared to the MPC-15B and most others.
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

SubnetMask wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2026 10:42 pm
DWS wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2026 7:02 pm If Pats/immo is enabled, on the new computer you'd have to also program keys. On the cloning process, be sure the hardware id matches exactly or that can cause problems.
That may not ALWAYS be true. By way of guidance from Michael at EFIDynoTuning, I learned that it is totally possible to program a MPC-19D PCM from a 2004 Marauder with the full FBGI0 BIN from a MPC-15B. Years ago, I had converted my 95 Cougar to run off a 2004 Mustang PCM (MPC-15B), with the drawback being no tach output, so I had to resort to an aftermarket adapter, which started to flake out (or so I thought). The MPC-19D has a tach output. So I was able to flash the calibration I was running on the MPC-15B to the MPC-19D using PCMFlash (tested function with QH first) and gained the tach output. I will say Ford seems to have cheaped out with the MPC-19D. They are real cheap feeling and hard to get in to compared to the MPC-15B and most others.
That's why my wording says it "can" cause problems, not "will".

Hwid doesn't dictate software differences, the code running on the MPC-15B is what would be the critical thing for how it acts, the physical hardware is very similar across all EEC-V computers, the main difference being physical pin mapping and sometimes updated chips/drivers.

From what I've seen so far, ALL EEC-V computers have the capacity of outputting a Tach signal, however sometimes it's missing the hardware to get the signal from the chip that produces it out to the physical pin. Something like 4 resistors and a couple transistors are needed. This is not a program feature, it's a physical chip feature that is always enabled from what I've seen so far and of my understanding, Ford designed every computer to have the capacity of outputting the signal.

MPC-15B and MPC-19D are in the same family (MPC-1xx), so it's possible the code can interchange since it's likely using the same physical board, however that doesn't guarantee all features will work correctly, I have seen some work fine while within the same family it not work, generally when I'm testing PATS code, if a hwid acts weird, I'll grab another from the same family, unless I have the exact correct one for the strategy.

I'm slowly documenting the hardware info and hopefully be able to identify why some work and some don't within the same family, instead of speculation of the side effects.

If you pop both computers apart, my guess is the board will be the same part numbers, or similar at least. If they are the same part number, then you can visually validate what chips are physically present for a rough idea of differences. Sometimes, it's just simply some channels don't have the current limiting resister populated for the output/input. Some computers you can see the first capacitor the pin hits is missing for missing hardware pins, sometimes it's still populated, so it's not a great indicator.

I was diving pretty deep into EEC-V hardware, but with this load of a ton of computers, I got a bunch of EEC-IV ones in, so I've been more focused on documenting those chips and building a hw test program (ideally universal) to physically map every input/output vs what actual I/O pin is used via code. EEC-IV is more simple in design, so seems like a great model to target to understand better for myself at least.

I do know some chips used had different reversions, it's defined in the strategy normally from what I've seen, so in theory can convert strategies between chip versions to use different hwid's that normally wouldn't work quite right.

Anyway, I'm still very much learning this stuff, I don't see where the real deep tech details are documented, there's some nice tech documents about the cpu and some basics, but beyond that not too much.

Since I'm potentially getting into ecu repair, or maybe just supplying tested good chips, I've been having my fun documenting this stuff, and I have to decide if I want to release much to the public as a sort of open source type of concept, or if the data is valuable, or how to go about it. Same for the Test OS I'm working on for testing the physical hardware, testing as many features of every chip as possible including potentially load testing them could be super useful for those that repair computers, effectively a J3 tuner chip that plugs in, and an adapter box with a micro controller and some hardware with LED's and maybe a screen.

I looked up the applications for MPC-15B and MPC-19D, and it looks like MPC-19D should be the version with more features, so makes sense a bin from the less feature version should work on the one that supports more features. A MPC-19D bin might not fully function on a MPC-15B computer though.

Here's a quick example of one of the hwid's I've ran through so far. Pin 41 I haven't quite mapped out yet (hits a bunch of transistors and such). Hopefully as I progress, I'll be able to tell exactly what bins will work with which hwid, and in theory if the code is modified, pin functions could in theory be swapped around to match a different hwid that might not be in the same family.

Code: Select all

1	KAM – 7015FB
2	RAM I/O3
3	HSI5 (VSS+)
4	HSI7
5	NC
6	HSI5 (VSS-)
7	A8
8	EPROM – RP3
9	NC
10	HSI4
11	RAM I/O4
12	HSO0
13	HSO1
14	HSO4
15	HSO2
16	HSI0
17	HSO9
18	NC
19	NC
20	CASE GROUND
21	LSO3
22	LSO7
23	NC
24	NC
25	A9
26	5V
27	A12
28	NC
29	A7,A11
30	A10
31	CPU I/O1
32	NC
33	LSO2
34	LSO1
35	LSO4
36	74001MC-6,14
37	12V POWER
38	RAM I/O1
39	GROUND
40	GROUND
41	
42	HSO3
43	A0,A5
44	NC
45	HSI2
46	GROUND
47	A7
48	HSI3
49	HYB6-1,12
50	A5
51	LSO0
52	HSO8
53	NC
54	LSO6
55	NC
56	HSI0
57	12V POWER
58	HSO6
59	HSO7
60	GROUND
Anyway, hopefully the info is interesting. Maybe once I get this hardware tester created, I'll be able to community source data for the hwid vs pinout mappings by shipping computers in. It is kind of wild how Ford made so many hwids. Would be neat to document what items need to be added to the board to add functionality to cheaper computers to act as a viable replacement for more expensive hwid's too. Either case, one step at a time lol.
Last edited by DWS on Tue Jun 30, 2026 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
SubnetMask
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:42 pm
cars: 95 Cougar
04 Silverado
19 CT6

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by SubnetMask »

When I have a chance, I'll pop them both apart and compare, but from memory, I believe the boards were quite different.

My original endeavor was to see if it would be possible to add the tach output to the MPC-15B, but components were missing in the path to the output pin, and it was somewhere between hard and impossible to determine what would really be needed to add the output to the MPC-15B just by looking at the board, at least from my perspective. At this point it's moot, as I have the Marauder PCM to run, and if I need to fall back on something else due to a failure, I have two MPC-15B's on a shelf.

And actually, a few pins did have to be re-assigned in the calibration due to lack of hardware in the MPC-19D to drive it on that pin, most notably the low speed fan.