PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by antus »

PCM Hammer 2.0.0 is officially released.

Get it from the bottom of this post, or from the releases area on the official page here: https://github.com/PcmHammer/PcmHammer

This is the first release of the 2.x, and a very large update over the previous release 021 back in May 2022.

All of the following PCMs have been tested, as well as all supported interface types with no issues found.

Supported PCM types:

P01
P04_Early (96/97)
P04 (98+)
P05 / P05b - VPW types. CAN bus only P05c remains unsupported pending can bus support in a future PCM Hammer release.
P08
P10
P11
P12 / P12b
P59
E54 (Duramax)
98/99 Vortec "Black Box" (5-connector)

There have been very many bug fixes and improvements, too many to list.

There is a setup, to give you a standard windows app with menu items and uninstall, a portable version (which is a zip with the executable files that you can put somewhere and run, like the older versions) and there is a new CLI version.

The UNO UI versions (windows and android) are still considered experimental and are not included, and are still under active development for a future version. The current "winforms" version (named after the technology it uses for the UI), is still the recommended version to use.

You can now read and write by PCM Type, without its OSID needing to be in PCM Hammers database. If you have an unsupported PCM, and you know which type it is and find you can read and write it by manually selecting the type please let us know the OSID and type so it can be added to the next release.

The recommended interface is still the OBD XPro series - either the GT or the VX. If you buy through this link it does help to support the forums and ongoing development of PCM Hammer. http://obdxpro.com/?ref=pcmhacking.net
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by AngelMarc »

Ever figure out the variations of P05? Interchange of supported busses?
Also let's get some pictures to identify these ECUs.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by antus »

Yes, I did figure out a & b appear to be interchangeable, A has VPW only, and B has VPW+CAN, though CAN support does not seem to be full. Maybe just a CAN stack with basic functions. C is CAN only. PCM Hammer can understand the C binary format, which is quite a big revision, because I figured that out before realising PCM hammer couldn't talk to it and VPW could not be retro fitted to it because the boot sectors are different and they are hardware write protected (cant even change them with BDM). Having said that, I have CAN support in the works, and E38 is working right now for read and write on the bench and I do have a couple of P05c so they might be an easy target after PCM Hammer 2.1 is out.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by AngelMarc »

Damn... I'm just going to have to buy an OBD Xpro whatever, if even for just the support... because that's good shit.
I'll have to get a 3800 or something with one of these ECUs, put that in something I can play/learn with.
Last edited by AngelMarc on Sat Jul 11, 2026 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't stress specific units.
CDNL
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2026 9:24 pm

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by CDNL »

Just out of curiosity, I took the 5 connector black box out of my 1996 GMC truck and tried to read it with my bench harness using PCMHammer 2.0.0, It wasn't able to read it. PMHammer 2.0.0 had no problem reading the 4 connector 2000 black box pcm.
I'm posting this only for information purposes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by AngelMarc »

Damn it. Which one these will do a 6 cylinder, speed density, without the one spark wire 3800 style coil pack?
And what vehicle is it found in?
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by antus »

Most of them support 6 cylinder configuration. Don't know you mean about the "one spark wire", need more context. Being factory OEM there isn't a lot of flexibility for trigger which is usually the biggest concern for changing between engines. You're probably best to start a thread about what you are trying to do. Look at what trigger options you have and need, as well as ignition like you are.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by AngelMarc »

Apparently the answer is P12.
You know, ignition control and bypass vs 3 or 6 ignition coil outputs.
You know me, I'll mount an external trigger wheel if I really need to.
The free tuning software is the big deal.
Don't stress specific units.
Xnke
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:42 am

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by Xnke »

It's been a long time since I last visited-the truck I was tuning the P66 V6 PCM with got T-boned and destroyed, and while I still have the codebase, I haven't worked with it in ages.

I have an E38 project coming up, but I also drive an E40 truck every day that is HPtuners tuned, but honestly it's pretty janky still. I'm looking for a better tuning solution, and I remember when PCMHammer was just getting going.

Glad to see that it's still alive, I just ordered a new tool from the link above and downloaded version 2.00. Gonna sit down on the couch and unloom all the harnesses out of my big barrel of wiring harness parts and build the one harness to program them all this week, while I wait on my new toy to arrive. I did order the VX, as 95% of what I need to do will be with 2020 and older vehicles.

Thanks Antus, for the forum admin work, all your personal help over the years, and the new tools you are giving us for free.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: PCMHammer 2.0.0 Release

Post by AngelMarc »

PCMHammer and UniversalPatcher are good enough I put a P59 on a CB450.
https://youtu.be/g_Q6pFgmySY?si=UTuBgVImzLRiyRXx&t=26
Don't stress specific units.