Being lazy with ChatGPT and AlfaOBD.
1st VIN is current, 2nd is original.
Being very hands off with the rest and suggesting things like DTCs being in EEPROM.
Can see all the files in order https://chatgpt.com/share/6a56fc90-8260 ... 434e8bf455
Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AngelMarc on Sun Jul 19, 2026 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't stress specific units.
-
usbbdm
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:00 pm
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
u-Link NT read/write flash NGC4 via JTAG is done. I am working on reading/writing EEPROM via JTAG. Just need a little bit reference.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
I'll give you what I can.
Ask away.
Assuming AlfaOBD and my EEPROM read are un-flawed, you have raw binary and detailed ECU config.
viewtopic.php?p=139298#p139298
viewtopic.php?p=139300#p139300
The SPI EEPROM on the back is a 95320wq. Pin 1 has a little test pad right next to it.
datasheet https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/m95320-w.pdf
I don't know if they all use that or a perfectly interchangeble EEPROM or not.
Ask away.
Assuming AlfaOBD and my EEPROM read are un-flawed, you have raw binary and detailed ECU config.
viewtopic.php?p=139298#p139298
viewtopic.php?p=139300#p139300
The SPI EEPROM on the back is a 95320wq. Pin 1 has a little test pad right next to it.
datasheet https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/m95320-w.pdf
I don't know if they all use that or a perfectly interchangeble EEPROM or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't stress specific units.
-
usbbdm
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:00 pm
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
I have the algo to access the EEPROM now. Just need to implement them in the software.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
Curious of any ECU software details you learn also. Even if just reset vectors/addresses.
Anywhere code can "start".
Anywhere code can "start".
Don't stress specific units.
-
usbbdm
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:00 pm
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
This is u-Link NT read of the EEPROM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
I'll see about ordering ASAP and try a beta test on the 2 I have. Unfortunately, neither are in a running vehicle.
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
I live pay to pay, and been fixing a jeep that turned into a bit of hassle. So it might be a few.
Happened to be building a lathe anyway, now I want to hurry on it for this to save $120 vs buying a new (used) pinion.
2007 Chevy Cobalt wheel bearing and a $140 Vevor lathe chuck.
Bought a dial caliper, turns out there's about 0.010 extra material I pressed the first bearing around.
2006 Grand Cherokee, so not an NGC4, but I just needed a vehicle, and this cost me $550. Old enough I might eventually even do a gen 3 LS swap, no question emission compliance there.
Bought a dial caliper, turns out there's about 0.010 extra material I pressed the first bearing around.
2006 Grand Cherokee, so not an NGC4, but I just needed a vehicle, and this cost me $550. Old enough I might eventually even do a gen 3 LS swap, no question emission compliance there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't stress specific units.
-
usbbdm
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:00 pm
Re: Chrysler NGC4 (MPC5554MZP80 CPU)
u-Link NT NGC4 JTAG development is done. Will release latter.
1. Read 2MB flash takes less than 4 seconds.
2. Read /write EEPROM less then one second.
3.Program flash takes 14 seconds, the erase time 7 seconds. Total about 22 seconds.
4 3D printed JIG with very little effort for JTAG connection. I think it is even possible NOT to remove the jelly.
Program Flash
-erase flash
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:07 (.155)
-sprogram flash
Program Starts...
Program speed 142.32 KB/s
Program time 00:00:14 (.736)
Program pass, if no further programming needed, power off/on the target
-cmpram flash
Time 00:00:03 (.377)
Compare data OK
1. Read 2MB flash takes less than 4 seconds.
2. Read /write EEPROM less then one second.
3.Program flash takes 14 seconds, the erase time 7 seconds. Total about 22 seconds.
4 3D printed JIG with very little effort for JTAG connection. I think it is even possible NOT to remove the jelly.
Program Flash
-erase flash
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:07 (.155)
-sprogram flash
Program Starts...
Program speed 142.32 KB/s
Program time 00:00:14 (.736)
Program pass, if no further programming needed, power off/on the target
-cmpram flash
Time 00:00:03 (.377)
Compare data OK