06a vx-vy gear holding v2.09 xdf How?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
Muncie
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
Location: New Zealand Waikato

06a vx-vy gear holding v2.09 xdf How?

Post by Muncie »

Hi lads

Im helping out a few young fellas my son knows with a skid car and they want it to hold gears in manual mode 1st 2nd and 3rd it's giving me dramas I can get 1st but then it wont shift to second.

Put it in the lost interest basket for a bit but looking at it again what's the best way to make this work? Normally i test everything in my own cars but im not all about sitting on limiter so it needs to work first time in a skid rig, and I may use it when I go drag racing.

Preferably drive will just be normal.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: 06a vx-vy gear holding v2.09 xdf How?

Post by immortality »

I've not done it on the later model stuff but VR/VS tunes you needed to change the 1st gear max road speed and also max rpm per gear, I just moved all to the maximum. There were multiple parameters that needed changing.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: 06a vx-vy gear holding v2.09 xdf How?

Post by delcowizzid »

I haven't tried on a VY but for vx ecu
At $424F change the $01 to a $00, this should mean when you select first gear you only get first and no upshift to second will happen, regardless of what you put in any of the shift tables.
At $400C change the $4A to $6A, this should make it so when you select second gear the transmission will hold second gear and will not be able to drop back to first unless you actually manually select first. For burnouts this is normally a good thing to stop the 2-1 downshift occurring unless the driver manually does it. Unfortunately there is no commands available to do the same thing with 3rd and 4th.

With the above:
D1 selected, first gear only, regardless of what is in shift tables
D2 selected, second gear only, regardless of what is in shift tables
D3 selected, gears 1, 2 &3 as per shift tables
D4 selected, gears 1, 2 3 & 4 as per shift tables
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Chr0m3
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2

Re: 06a vx-vy gear holding v2.09 xdf How?

Post by Chr0m3 »

Zero all performance upshift / downshift tables, it'll be fully manualized in performance mode, when I say manualized I mean it, taking off in drive with performance mode enabled will be 4th and it will slip all day trying to get going, won't downshift.

No performance mode, drive works as normal.
User avatar
Muncie
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
Location: New Zealand Waikato

Re: 06a vx-vy gear holding v2.09 xdf How?

Post by Muncie »

Chr0m3 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2026 8:57 am Zero all performance upshift / downshift tables, it'll be fully manualized in performance mode, when I say manualized I mean it, taking off in drive with performance mode enabled will be 4th and it will slip all day trying to get going, won't downshift.

No performance mode, drive works as normal.
Cheers I'll give that a nudge! Haha sounds awful